Driver Geforce Ti 4800 SE Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Wapito, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    AMD 64x is 10 years old.....if that's not old, I don't know what your frame of reference is for old computers. IBM XT perhaps?

2. TeGarchoFF

TeGarchoFF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070 Turbo
    OP, you should install windows 7. If you miss the metro start screen you could always use XWidgets or some other chirimbolos to get a similar effect.

Also 16GB ram on that system what the hell? Well, let's just say that your computer is quite 'asymetrical' :p

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  3. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    i wonder wich mobo he has its kinda strange 16gb in a socket 754 system.

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The real question here is why did he buy Windows 8.1 for a system this old? Not to be rude, but there's nothing you can do to get that card working when it doesn't even support DX9.

5. BedantP

BedantP Guest

GPU:
    1660Ti
    Geforce 4 Ti 4800? Man, I thought it existed in historical museums. RAM is fine. GPU and CPU are too old for gaming or anything. If you want good performance and not an extreme price tag, my best bet would be the AMD APU series. Intel Core i3/i5/i7 would get a big price tag. Both AMD APU series and Intel Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs have an integrated GPU. The GPU present in the CPU is fast enough to easily power a Windows 8.1 PC. The best option would be AMD APU series as AMD/ATi has the best Price/Performance ratio in GPUs and CPUs. If you don't care about money and want extreme performance, Intel Core i3/i5/i7 is for you.

If you want to go extremely extreme, go ahead and build a rig, let it be low-end or medium-end or high-end, just build it. I'm going to build a rig in August 20 or earlier. Basically, if you are in a situation like me, I would suggest the R9 270x GPU as I stated earlier AMD provides best Price/Performance Ratio. FX series CPU of AMD is perfect for low-end to medium-end PC. Intel Core i7 would be best for High-end PCs. You have right RAM. Get a better PSU as the R9 270x and the FX series are power-hungry.

I can tell ya. You must be experiencing serious slowdowns, mouse lag and other lag. Windows 8/8.1 uses the GPU for extremely beautiful desktop rendering and pity animations. You might have to run Windows 7, all animations, themes, etc. off. a.k.a Adjust for best performance in System and the classic theme would be great. Windows 7 with the above settings would run perfect.

BTW, No offense on your weak PC. ;)

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Same thing I was thinking, TBPH, I would have just stayed on XP.

7. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    I am trying to be polite as I can but I can't...
    That PC belongs in a MUSEUM! NOT running Win 8...

You Sir have a genuine Potatoe...:3eyes: