Russia To Replace AMD/Intel CPUs With 64-bit ARM Hardware

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by (.)(.), Jun 21, 2014.

1. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    i guess it is more "let's make OUR industry work"... they where doing nice x86 clone during cold war despite a not so advanced industry. (there is also a political argument... but it is not the place for it in Guru3D's forum)

2. lantian

lantian Guest

Probably is...

3. Rassel

Rassel Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 390 8GB
    what makes u say that ? based on your theory, every disicion UK takes are influence of alcahool ? we all know UK is the most heavy drinkers in the world, it funny how you try to spit out your negativity by knowing so less about russian.

But back to the topic, i think its a very brave step to make own chip. well if i was a head of my country and based on how is US acting lately, F***k It, why not ?

And to those who knows nothing except what his daddy told him, russian is the main key when we are talking about new stuff and new hardware. If you look not at Made in China, but to the people who made for us possible to have that hardware in most cases you will meet rus. names, while some of you call them Vodka drinkers.

4. fusion

fusion Guest

GPU:
    6850hd radeon / 1GB
    Australia isn't interested in allowing any Chinese company the right compete to work on its National Broadband operations. No Chinese technology allowed. We have a right to be suspicious of nations that have opposing political interests. Its too bad for America that some how their companies operations must have made Russia suspicious about something. Personally, I see this more as a diplomatic move either way. Its puts at ease any tension of any possibilities when things just go wrong. And a lot of things can go wrong in IT.

5. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Use the high-proof stuff in the vapor chambers.

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    LOL yup.

7. orky87

orky87 Guest

GPU:
    R9_Nano
  8. AcidSnow

AcidSnow Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    I think Russia has their head up their own butt. That country is so backwater, they might as well just be invaded, and have their idiotic government replaced with a few gingerbread men... IMO, Russia is up there with being as moronic as China and North Korea: all 3 of them really need to just go F-off.

9. maize1951

maize1951 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 8GB
    Russia must be going back to tube based computers, LOL.

10. fitfy