Overclock unable with XFX 9800gtx+

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Dals, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Dals

Dals Member

GPU:
    XFX/9800GTX/512MB
    Overclock unable with XFX 9800gtx+ SOLVED

Hi,

I cant do overclock because RT doesnt read the core settings of video card. Appears N/A on core clock, memory and chaders... when i click on "enable driver-level hardware oveclocking" its show the detect now buttom but doesnt change.

before I did use a XFX 9800gtx card and did working well. After uninstall drivers then use driver sweeper and install the new card (9800gtx+) have this problem.

Its happen in XP 32bits as vista 64bits that i use on separate disk.

In SLI with both card happen the same. Windows enable the sli but cant do overclock.

Mi pc:

C2Q Q6600 oc`d 3.2
    2gb RAM
    Windows XP 32 and windows vista 64
    9800gtx+ and 9800gtx
    XFX motherboard 680i LT

UPDATE:

After past one day trying all kind of moves... searching in this forum (one by one post) i find this:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=258058

I had only one differente problem... i only have ONE monitor named "primary display" that is the default in windows and supossly didnt have to happen. after i did install monitor drivers (Samsung 2053BW) and after reboot had enable overclock. didnt try in vista but has to be the same solution.

Let me say that I think that the lack of response of my ask... was because of some attitudes about this common topic... I sugesst make the post stiky for that newbies like me with this problem. I think that RT is a very wonderful program and the autor is doing a really good job... but would be more Patient with the people that arent expert on this stuff and make some easy ways to find solutions to this common problems (again stiky post). Please dont missunderstand me... i want to be the most cool and Respectful guy saying this but the english is not my first language. Thanks

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  2. Dals

Dals Member

GPU:
    XFX/9800GTX/512MB
    I didnt say that overclock is enable on "Ntune", but... i want to use RT as always did with the other card.

Thanks.