budget gaming build, hows it look

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by MToguro, Oct 5, 2014.

1. MToguro

MToguro Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI Gigabyte G1 970s
    sup guys. havent been here in years lol since I last built a rig (when the parts I have listed were first released)

just getting back in touch with the inner nerd and getting reacquainted with the new technology.

anyways on a tight budget and this is what I put together, just wana know how everything looks or if you guys have better part/brand recommendations.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Toguro/saved/bQ4Zxr

this is what I have set to buy but for the video cards im kinda looking at the msi gaming 970s also.

bought these so far :D

[​IMG]

got a good deal on these at microcenter for $500 even with tax and all.

planing to get the rest on my next paycheck, and an asus 27" rog swift after

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    nice case :)
    a platinum evga /super flower 1000w psu would work.
    super flower do nice white psu units btw.

windows 8.1 you want to.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  3. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    This may be off topic, but what AAA games do you play with that 8800? Our rigs are similar. :infinity:

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    That is some "tight budget" you got there.... SLI GTX970's, SSD, etc

That is 100% not a budget build.

5. MToguro

MToguro Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI Gigabyte G1 970s
    u think id need 1000w? I heard some people saying 750 should be enough even for 970s sli which consume a lot less power, but I went with the 850 for extra head room since it was only like 20 bucks more

already got the windows 7 but I was just looking at how windows 8 has faster boot times. not sure I might trade it in

honestly havent played any games at all lately the only thing I played on this not too long ago is cs go and it held up at around 80-100fps range give or take on 1920 res with the lower end of medium settings

6. MToguro

MToguro Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI Gigabyte G1 970s
    I might have gotten a little carried away lol :p

well I'm not buying both cards now that's just the complete system i'm going for so it's running me around 1200 total atm, which for the performance im getting out of this I think is really good for the price

7. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    basically there's many really nice 1k+ PSUs on the market, however under 1K there's many mediocre ones. and the nice under 1k ones are generally overpriced.
    you find very good price /performance around the 1k mark.

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    That's not a budget rig man. You may wanna go 16gb ram since you do not upgrade often and maybe pick up a cheaper 840 evo ssd to make up the difference in price. You might want to not get gigabyte video cards. They seem to have more problems than most.

9. MToguro

MToguro Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI Gigabyte G1 970s
    was looking at the supernova 1000w. liking the ratio of mostly all five star reviews. an extra $100 tho so it might set me back a little since I'm buying this all up front in cash

i have had bad experiences in the past tho on psus randomly dying on me after a year or two. from what I hear seasonic is a really good brand. I dont trust antec, ocz or corsair too much.

also for the 4790 im planning to run it at the 4.4 rated turbo and not overclocking past that really. it's rated to run at that with the turbo boost so im guessing that should be fine with the provided cooler or should I get an aftermarket one?

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    yes you'll need an aftermarket cooler, i like noctua coolers.
    also think aboiut a nice pro sli bridge.
    it'll make your card's sit more rigid.
    think about a platinum psu at least.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014

11. MToguro

MToguro Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI Gigabyte G1 970s
    any recommendations?

i heard the gigabyte g1s were really big cards but I think they should fit fine in that mobo and case?

i might just get the msi gaming ones its a tough call

and i heard issues about using some aftermarket cpu coolers and not being able to put a side fan or close the case properly. id be willing to dish out around 40ish for an aftermarket that would work well with my setup

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    yes the gigabyte's will fit fine, i'd take those over the msi.
    you'll find a nice cooler for that price, the stock is junk.
    i like evga cards personally.

13. MToguro

MToguro Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI Gigabyte G1 970s
    what do u think of the hyper 212 evo?

was also looking at the corsair h50 not a big fan of having liquid-cooling related stuff in my system but the whole self-contained thing seems pretty neat. looks like it just runs inside on the tube on its own

i would prefer to keep it on air though

14. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    good choice, and you'll need some quality paste. (nothing special go with reviews)