ATT beta version with HD 4xxx support.

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I've decided to open new (and close old one) thread about new ATT beat versions with HD 4xxx support.

Today I've received two HD 4850 and I must say BIG THANKS to everyone who made this day! I really appreciate it!!! :thumbup: :)
    Big thanks to Bhairava.
    http://sna696.helloweb.eu/ray/index.php

3. FAN control

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  2. Raikku

Raikku Master Guru

GPU:
    POV GTX 280
    Great news. OC and fan control the most important things and if we can do those with ATT, we can get rid of CCC. Nice.

By the way, can i save game profiles from older ATT when i switch to newer one?

3. Bhairava

Bhairava Guest

GPU:
    2x 5850
    Good work.

4. boba23

boba23 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R4870-T2D512-OC
    Great news Ray! :) Got my MSI 4870 OC few days ago, and right now I am using AMD GPU Clock tool to save power and get temps down in 2d mode. That baby runs perfectly fine at 175/250 mhz on the desktop, which should get those horrible power consumption numbers @idle down quite a bit ;-)
    I'd love to automatically regulate my clocks with your great tool again man. Get that beta version out asap :)

boba

5. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Okay.
    I just uploaded beta version.
    Please check and post your comments. Expect a lot of bugs :)
    Version 1.2.5.1240

Implemented:
    Overclocking + voltage control
    Temperature monitoring
    FAN control , manual + auto by table.

(some parts of ATT may still missing code for HD 4xxx, so if you find it just tell me where )

Link to file in first post.

6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Ah and this :

"Reset FAN" button may not work at all :) Just added for testings. Should reset FAN parameters to factory defaults.

7. So$tanz4

So$tanz4 New Member

GPU:
    Ati 4870 512 MB DDR 5
    Hi first of all excuse my bad english, that is my 3D Mark vantage result, with Performance pre-set

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3dmark4870gd3.jpg

i am not sure of the performance of this vga card, can you please help me understand why in Call of duty 4, Grid , Crysis, i have in somepoints of the missions FPS like 45 - 50 - 60 FPS?? At 1680 x 1050 with ALL quality settings in the CCC and Maximum AA. Did you all have some fps like that?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  8. honestjohn

honestjohn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Hawk HD 5770 @ 1010C
    Thanks Ray, looking forward to using ATI Tray Tools again. Haven't had a chance to use ATI Tray Tools since I had my X1950 Pro(s).

9. Raikku

Raikku Master Guru

GPU:
    POV GTX 280
    I installed this and it seem to work ok so far... i didn't uninstalled CCC/re-installed Catalysts(Leaked 8.8 beta's) yet, so maybe some little problems are caused due that.

OC works ok, i have now two profiles 375/900+Fan 30% and 804/1103+Fan 50%(voltage 1.276) and they seem to work, auto 2D/3D switching work too.

One problem is that i don't know why i've lost performance in Mark'06, i've checked settings(3D etc) many times and haven't found the cause for that yet.
    Even with 804/1103 i get 700-800p less than with 790/1100 before.

I guess i have to re-install drivers w/out CCC and check if that corrects something.

10. Vic Colfari

Vic Colfari New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 Toxic
    Does not work in Vista x64 :bawl:

11. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Create profile for 3dmark and disable OSD.
    I've already checked , no performance lost with ATT

12. Nafets1

Nafets1 Active Member

GPU:
    Just want to say I've been using my HD4870 with ATT beta (1.4.x.xxxx) ever since I got it, and I've been very happy with it, even with the limited functionality.

Now it's just going to get a whole lot better. Keep up the great work.

I hope to never have to use CCC ever on my system.

13. Bhairava

Bhairava Guest

GPU:
    2x 5850
    Mi spieghi che cosa c'entra il forum di Ati Tray Tools con i tuoi problemi di performance?
    Qui si discute della beta di ATT, non del rendimento generale della tua scheda grafica.

14. Nafets1

Nafets1 Active Member

GPU:
    I've done some preliminary testing with my HD4870, Ati Tray Tools 1.5.8.1240b, and WinXP SP2.

One thing that I absolutely love is the real-time voltage adjustments. Before this I had to modify the BIOS and reflash with different voltage settings, to test/verify that they work.

Here's a few of the little things I've seen:

----------------------------
    An odd occurence that I've seen though is that when opening ATT the system power consumption drops 2W. I'm using a Kill-A-Watt plug through device to measure wattage. Here's an example;

BIOS 2D IDLE settings 500/900 @ 1.263v, at desktop, no programs running = 135W
    BIOS 2D IDLE settings 500/900 @ 1.263v, at desktop, after opening ATT = 133W

I don't have any profiles set to run when ATT opens, and I can't seem to figure it out.

This is highly repeatable, but there are times when it doesn't drop 2W. Going in the Hardware -> Overclocking Settings section and clicking on "Set Default Clocks", will then drop system power consumption 2W.

Very weird.

Also, any voltage adjustments made in the Overclocking Settings section stay active after closing ATT. Is it possible to have these reset, upon closing ATT (or make a checkbox setting for it). Rebooting the computer fixes this, as the card loads up the default voltage from the BIOS.

Upon exiting ATT after making any GPU/MEM clock adjustments in the Overclocking Settings section causes the card to run at the 3DHP settings specified in the BIOS. So the GPU/MEM clocks are reverting to defaults, but the wrong defaults. I'm assuming it should revert to 2D IDLE defaults.

Example:
    BIOS 2D IDLE settings are 500/900
    At desktop card runs at 500/900 (2D defaults)
    Open ATT and modify to 450/900
    Close ATT and card runs at 750/900 (3DHP defaults)

15. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Why do you need it?

16. Tigertank

Tigertank Member

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    Hi Ray Adams, thanks for your program.

I have a solution for ATT with Vista64 and a Digital Driver Signature Control: LINK.

17. vhon05

vhon05 Guest

GPU:
    powercolor 7970
    has anyone tried raising their voltages? im having 67c load at 840/1100. tried it on crysis and crashed after awhile. dont know what the problem is. any advice?

18. Nafets1

Nafets1 Active Member

GPU:
    Haha, I don't really know. :D I just thought that it was odd seeing my card running at 750/900 @ 1.083v, since ATT defaulted to the 3DHP clocks after exiting, and didn't return the voltage to 1.263v. Stability reasons maybe?

I have zero programming skills so I'm totally ignorant of the possible complexity with fixing issues in software. Please forgive me. :)

1.263v is the maximum voltage allowed via soft modding with the HD4870.

If you want higher, you'll have to do hard modification (soldering).

Crysis is crashing most likely because your overclock is too high and is unstable...

19. vhon05

vhon05 Guest

GPU:
    powercolor 7970
    there is custom vmod at the ATT overclock, you can actually raise 1.263 right? I raised mine until 1.289 but still no luck, still crashing in crysis. and i think 67-69c load at 840/1100 is quite descent. should i try raising my voltage a little more?

i tried 825/1100 at 1.289 and i got crysis stable. load temps at 67-69c.

help guys

20. Nafets1

Nafets1 Active Member

GPU:
    1.263v is the default voltage for the HD4870 in 3D (gaming) mode. You can't go higher than that no matter what you set in the BIOS or Ati Tray Tools. The HD4870 will not respond to voltages higher than 1.263v. I've found that if you set anything higher than that, the card will actually run at 1.083v.

As I said before, your overclock is too high. Try lowering the GPU and MEMORY clocks a bit until it's stable in Crysis. If 825/1100 is stable then just keep it at that with a voltage of 1.263v.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.