Have you encountered issues with recent nvidia drivers?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by moab600, Oct 9, 2015.

?

Have you encountered issues with recent nvidia drivers?

Poll closed Nov 8, 2015.
  1. Yes and it effects my gaming

75 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. I experienced some bugs but nothing game breaking.

40 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. Nah, all good :D

99 vote(s)
    45.6%
  4. A driver update? better live in a stone age!

3 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    We will find out who voted for what November 8th, I remember 1 poll couple years ago or longer had a bunch on non nvidia card owners stating their was some problem with their nvidia cards.

2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Pretty sure it's not the case, nvidia does have bad drivers lately.

As for myself, i have no issues besides awful performance in BLTPS compared to all previous drivers.

3. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950

Sure nvidia releasing drivers with huge bugs like broken memory usage in sli, custom resolutions, and broken gsync in such a short period of time isn´t indicative that something has been slipping lately. :bang:

4. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Drivers works good as always for me but i play only some few games like TW 3 and GTA 5 en testing some dx12 AOTS.

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Sure it isn't because these "huge bugs" (which actually affect the minority of users) happen on each and every new OS launch.

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Memory usage in sli has been fixed.

7. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    358.50 drivers are working perfectly for me. Good performance and no crashing on Windows 10. I am happy :)

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    OP if you get the poll closed early would it be possible to see who voted for what right away? Most people already voted already, interested to see which people voted for what, especially the first selection.

9. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Hey dude, who cares that you´re in that section of nvidia users that don´t need some features or the games you play work apparently fine in the way you play them. You and the other guy seem desperate to get this thread ugly and closed.

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Who cares that you can't maintain your system in a state where everything works and you tend to blame drivers for every crap which happening due to your inability to maintain your PC? As I've already said most of stuff reported as "driver issues" here are not driver issues at all but some software conflicts, result of malware infections, faulty hardware or o/c issues, etc.

And since this thread is asking about if you had any issues saying that no I didn't is perfectly within the topic. It's you who's trying very hard to convince everyone that there are so many issues that drivers are somehow completely broken while this is clearly not the case, not even close.

11. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Well i've just encountered a BIG problem. I recently did a bunch of windows 10 updates, some system drivers, and while installing the latest nVidia driver my PC does a BSOD. I missed the message, and after restarting my PC would BSOD over and over right about when the windows 10 login screen should show up.

It says: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION nvlddmkm.sys

It does boot into safe mode, and using DDU will allow me into windows but whenever I attempt to install any nVidia driver other than the one from windows update, it crashes.

I've checked memory, returned all clocks to normal, reset and updated bios, unplugged all drives, removed sound card, and still no luck. I'm thinking that there is a conflict with another driver that was installed that day but I haven't figured out which yet. I believe it all began right after setting up a USB microphone. There was a repair done when running sfc /scannow but that didn't fix it.

I'm in the market for a new SSD, so i'm going to buy that and install a fresh copy of windows 10 pro on it and see how it does then. I don't put the blame on nvidia's drivers though. I think there was something else screwed up. If anyone has had this problem and fixed it, let me know.

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    That's it? Closed poll and cannot see who voted?