4k 120Hz gaming monitors!

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by JordanMihailov, Dec 24, 2016.

1. JordanMihailov

JordanMihailov Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 780
    What do you think? When is that going to happen ?

2. superduck49

superduck49 Guest

You mean this one?
    I have my own experience with this monitor in a LG's showroom. It's masterpiece!

[​IMG]

3. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Displayport 1.4 maybe ?

4. cad cam man

cad cam man Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090
    That is not a 4K monitor

LG 34UC79G-B 34" 21:9 Ultrawide IPS Curved Gaming Monitor, AMD FreeSync 144Hz 5ms, 2560 x 1080(2k), 250cd/m2, 178/178 Viewing Angles, DisplayPort, HDMI, USB 3.0

5. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Next year for sure, 4K 144hz from Asus was allready shown this year.

6. JordanMihailov

JordanMihailov Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 780
    As for this exact moment i like that deal a lot, even if is not with Gsync because i have Nvidia card. The thing is when 3840x2160 at 120Hz:)

7. JordanMihailov

JordanMihailov Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 780
    That is so cool. Now i guess we'll have sell kidney for this and one or two 1080ti :)

8. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    They will become more available when graphic cards can handle their resolutions with good performance. Most of the current cards dont do so good at these resolutions right now.

9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Let me give you my importance ladder for a monitor:

1) IMAGE QUALITY. This is it. This is the single most important thing a monitor must have or be for me to even give it a second look. If it isn't 8-12 bit IPS or OLED, then I do not care. If monitors were women, this is the bust-to-hip ratio that stops traffic.

2) PANEL TYPE. This is not the same as (1) but is almost the deciding factor. In order of importance it is:

(i) OLED
    (ii) IPS
    (iii) VA/PA/MVPA

You will note and see TN does not make this list, because of:

(3) VIEWING ANGLE. My head moves about when using a computer. I reach for the phone, I cut n paste between panels, I talk to people, stand up, sit down etc

Having a panel that changes its image quality and colour if I sneeze, is frankly annoying. And if no one sees me getting a headshot, did it really happen?

(4) INPUT LAG. If it's sub 5ms, it's good. If it has multiple colour modes (Adobe etc) but has a special "direct bypass" mode just for gaming, I can not reach for my wallet fast enough.

(5) RESOLUTION. I have a minimum, sure, but anything above that is honestly not as important as the other points I make here. So, my analogy: if you were to offer me a 5K gaming monitor, or 9K or 8K, I really would not care unless it ticked the above boxes.

Boasting or bragging that you got a 4K monitor on a TN panel, with 6000ms input lag, a 1 degree viewing angle and 6 bit colour banding is not bragging, it's something to be pitied.

Try putting a Ferrari engine in a 1968 VW Beatle and see how many laughs you get from onlookers. I mean, yeah, it's a Ferrari engine, but JTFC...

I'd rather drive the Merc...