I need your help SOS! plz!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Deleted member 268800, Apr 17, 2017.

1. hello, its me haze again, sorry for my poor English, look my mom pc has windows 7 ultimate 32 bits, but is performing so slow, suddenly

My system specs are:
    Amd Athlon x2 tm 64 x2 dual core processor 4200 2.4 ghz
    1.00 gb ram, ddr2 :/
    Windows 7 ultimate 32 bits
    Motherboard: AliveNf6p-VSTA

I've tried already: CCLEANER PRO +CC enchancer, to clean registry, and temp files
    also by running CHDKSK on C: /f , memory test, and no errors so far...
    Uninstalled unnecessary programs, disabling Aero Windows Effects, visual effect all on performance, all drivers updated, etc etc.
    Temps are okay .

But i think the problem begins or start, when I, installed Net Framework 4.0 and i guess the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package and 2013 package, i remember I get an error when installing the framework 4.0, then i tried to repair, and i ended unistalling everything and cleaning, the registry, but after that pc become sluggins, choppyness, slow booting.., also I have notice that my hard-drive has a yellow caution in Crystal Disk , also something related with Directx versions 9-10. help plz guidance me
    Also the last thing i want to do is format, because i had to make tricks in order to make and old print from 1990 to work in this system 7, and that was like 12 months ago, so i dont think thats the culprit. And i already posted this on Windows7 forums, and 0 reply at moment x.x

[​IMG]

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Backup your important files quickly, before the drive fails completely

Get a new HDD

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah sounds and looks like a drive about to fail. The system becomes very sluggish before failing completely, seen it happen on some PCs.

So like Extra said backup everything important now and look for a new HDD, looks like you have to reinstall Windows either way (to the new drive).
    If you're quick you might be able to clone the system partition from the old drive to a new drive and avoid reinstalling but if there are any errors during the cloning chances are the cloned partition won't work properly.

Anyhow, whatever you do, do it now I think. Good luck!

4. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Have you been getting any delayed write failure messages popping up at all?

It does sound like the drive is about to go kaput, I've experienced it before however, there could be a much simpler solution - it could be the sata cable itself - sata cables can wear out over time (I don't know what happens with them but they just seem to degrade over time having come across this many a time).

Eitherway, take no chances, don't use the system unnecessarily, make sure you have a replacement drive available and back up all your important information before it gives up the ghost should the worst come to happen.

I'd also recommend not cloning the system, if the drive is failing, during the cloning, files could be corrupted by the failing drive and you'll only end up copying corrupted files.

5. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    What's your ram usage/pagefile usage?

6. f14dude

f14dude Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Ventus 3X
    It sounds like your hard drive could be going... BUT... Running Windows 7 with 1GB of memory? You're braver than I thought! :eek:

Hell, Windows 7 can barely function effectively in 2GB let alone running with just 1GB... that's the reason your hard drive is thrashing and slow all the time.

Go put in another 3GB and you should be good.

7. Today I tried the Western Digital utility to full ERASE my hard drive, and these were the results:

CristalDisk Results:
    [​IMG]

After I zeroing or wiped the whole HDDs, I did a Quick Test, and Extended Test by using WD utility
    Results:
    [​IMG]

The thing is i feel the windows to slow... also for Recycle bin took like 10 seconds, and i notice that is getting difficult to install things, i tried to install HP f380 all in one desktop drivers for my windows 7 32 and it become like corrupted or with errors x.x!

Can someone recomends me a good HDD reliable? This motherboard support ATA-300 which is SATA II Hard Drive 3.0 GBS, also do you guys think, that i should SWAP ATA CABLES? because i have many of them, because ive read people say, changes CABLES HDD? but which ones?????? I dont have money to be honest, Venezuela situation, sucks x.x! I'm dessesperating, feeling frustated, all my life i've reparing pc, and stuff, but now with this damn situation i can't afford a good pc or something ,because everything is expensive x.x, SOS!

8. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Something like a Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB perhaps?

My advice is to stay away from Seagate disks. They seem very unreliable, both from personal experience as well as from reports from data centers.

Also, 1GB of RAM means your hard drive is stressed much more. There's no RAM left to cache the disk contents, so every time data is needed, the disk has to work.

You should upgrade to 4GB at least. This would GREATLY reduce hard disk access. If that's not possible, at least use 2GB RAM and upgrade to Windows 8.1, which tends to use less RAM compared to Windows 7 (not by much, but since you have so little RAM, every last MB counts I guess :-/)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  9. Oh thanks friend, but what about Western Digital Black or Blue Caviar? or should i go with Toshiba hard drives instead?

10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Just get whatevers cheapest..
    You don't need a big drive, maybe 500gb max.

WD is fine, don't get green though.

11. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    This^....and add more RAM!...:)

12. lexer98

lexer98 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    WD ! has excellent global warranty.

13. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    They're all fine. I just mentioned the toshiba because it's cheap, quite fast, and big. I'm using the toshiba alongside two old WDs on my PC right now.

Just make sure that the drive you get is not a "low power" drive (like "WD Green" and whatnot.) Those are slower. Once you find a drive that looks you want it, search for reviews of it and see if it's any good.

I had two seagates in the past, but they both died. Then about half a year later, some news came out that Seagate drives died way more often than any other brand. I tell people to stay away from that brand since then.

14. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    I've never had a problem with seagate...thats why i have 3 of them and all past there warranty with full health