Watch_Dogs - combinedmovefile.bin File Editing Tutorial (Partial)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by mlleemiles, Aug 10, 2017.

1. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    What is combinedmoveflie.bin?
    combinedmoveflie.bin is an entity library of animation and move files. With it you can easily swap animations, and you can properly replace move files, given the condition that they generally won't be loaded from patch.

File Processing
    First, you will need to install Hex Workshop for the job.
    Combinedmovefile consists of 2 parts: one is a .fcb file; another has yet to be known. In this tutorial we will only focus the fcb part.

Backup first.
    Open the file with Hex Workshop, press Crtl+F to search nBCF in Text String. Then, select and delete all the content before nBCF, save the file, rename it as combinedmovefile.fcb, and finally convert it using Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject.
    [​IMG]
    Okay, let's open the converted file shall we? (Do not try to open it in notepad, please. I'm using Hex Workshop.)
    [​IMG]
    A bunch of hex again:3eyes:. Don't worry, open your fcb in Hex Workshop now. You can see text strings instead of hex.

Swapping Move File
    With converted file, we are able to swap any in-game move file, e.g. drvr_locomotion_movement_player.move --> drvr_locomotion_movement_precombat_ai.move. Look up "drvr_locomotion_movement_player.move" using Text String in the fcb and copy the hex section. Now turn to your converted file and look up those hexes in Text String, you will see the string below the result
    Do the same for "drvr_locomotion_movement_precombat_ai.move", and you will get
    What you want to do right now is basically to turn AE56BD65 into DE6BA452 in the converted file. After you are done, save file in Hex Workshop. Convert the xml back to fcb, open it in Hex Workshop again, copy all the content in hex section.
    [​IMG]
    Open the untouched combinedmovefile.bin in Hex Workshop, replace the content starting from nBCF. Voila, it's done! Repack the patch and enjoy!.

A few screenshots after the move edit:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rootCBR

rootCBR Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2060 S
    Thanks for the guide, I quickly made the definitions for this file!

Download here

3. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Thank you!

4. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Cobra, planning on more definitions in the future?

5. rootCBR

rootCBR Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2060 S
    Maybe, I'm currently using the WD2 dump, but sadly lots of strings are missing and I'm sure many people would appreciate if there was a WD1 string dump too - I would do it myself if i knew how.

6. HeySlickThatsMe

HeySlickThatsMe Master Guru

GPU:
    No Record
    Great work guys ;)

7. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Great achievement mlleemiles! :D and thanks for the detailed tutorial! :)

8. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    After snooping around a bit, I found the file contains rather a limited amount of files, not all. Still, there's much to explore :)