Have you played......Crysis 1?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by (.)(.), Aug 26, 2015.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i think what he meant is that maybe in this thread you said too many negatives about the game that you would like if it had been different, and i agree on some of the negatives, my only negative in this game is that the movement feels wooden by today standards,and its ****ty optimized. other than that its a fantastic looking game.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yes, I have said a lot of negative things about the game. Because... that's how I felt while playing it.
    Coming into super excited because I loved FarCry. And, once the "wow" factor of the visuals wore off, I found myself playing a game that was... only okay. And, that was a pretty big disappointment.

3. CyberPaddy

CyberPaddy Guest

GPU:
    migty 8800GTX
    i can think when we 1st got it an it was on are screen (torun fast wegot it 800) an we make it like we are actally their (like real life) i am sure many men hear think the same and was amazed by it look an polis

4. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    Based on this I bought Metro 2033 Redux and I have to say it's one of the worst shooters I have ever played for one reason. Only having one save point and the game saving you when you have no filters left and are about to choke to death is very bad design. You can't even return to a previous checkpoint. The only thing you can do is start the whole level over again and then run into the same problem because there just aren't enough filters to be found. I have resorted to installing a cheat engine and playing the game with infinite filters and non damageable gas mask. It's the only way I can survive and that stinks. If they just had the ability to return to a previous checkpoint, it would be much better. Of course, quick saves would be even better.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yes, as I am one of those people who knew nothing about it until now.
    I hoped Warhead would pick up where the original left off, but it was a side storyline instead, coinciding with the events of Crysis.

Nomad was an integral part of the original Razor* team. Psycho's and Prophet's stories were told, but Nomad was just written off.
    He went back to the island with Dr. Helena Rosenthal and Psycho. Apparently Psycho and Prophet (who returned to the island earlier) got out, so what happened to Nomad?

Maybe they left it open deliberately so everyone can decide for themselves. I prefer to think he stayed on the island, fighting the good fight at ground zero with the help of the doctor.
    And maybe then retiring with the doctor for some good times...
    "is that a bump in your nanosuit or are you just happy to see me?"

*Raptor

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Raptor Team. Not Razor.

And, for those that don't know, in the comic story Nomad sacrifices himself to save Prophet.

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Whoops, my bad...

8. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    evgaRtx3080XC3Ultra
    man that part in Crysis 1
    when the entire island turns to ICE

that was a "oh ****.. :jawdrop: " moment for me lol

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    One negative thing did occur to me later on about the game:
    towards the ending, the plot essentially becomes a rephrased Independence Day:

- we don't know what these things are / they communicate via a signal
    - let's try to nuke 'em!
    - seems they have shields *facepalm*
    - the shields get disabled via a "clever" discovery
    - a bit of boom-boom and trigger a nuke inside the biggest badass
    - smoke a cigar

rinse and repeat the necessary times for victory. Happy ending!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015