Google asks Microsoft to remove YouTube app for WP8

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by EspHack, May 15, 2013.

1. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    i hope microsoft gives them the middle finger ^^

UPDATE:
    source

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    rude google.

3. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Honestly, I think Google should just launch a YouTube app for Windows Phone and BlackBerry 10 and stop whining about not making them on other platforms.

deltatux

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Microsoft's response basically: No problem! Just give access to YouTube ad api and/or ooperate with use.

5. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Cage fight between Bill Gates and Larry Page. Each get a keyboard for a weapon. Two men enter, one man leaves.

6. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    ^lol

i guess you really mean steve ballmer, bill is in god level compared to that kid

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Watching Microsoft get bullied for a change? Priceless.

8. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    I quite like the YouTube app Microsoft developed.

Facebook had a recent scrap with Microsoft too by asking them to remove all the non-official FB apps. I'm using the beta one by Microsoft and it's decent, then again the live one isn't bad too.

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Whilst I can see Microsoft reason for doing this if Google have deliberately avoided any help to Microsoft for aid in making an app for WP8. There is no reason to technically break the law which is what they are doing by creating an "app" themselves and not be able to include ads, and it lets people download the content uploaded by some very hard working people who also rely on said ad revenue for their income or to help improve their channel.

This is completely Microsoft who is in the wrong, they took someone elses work, modded it to work on their own device knowing full well most of the services would be broken, added more services that infringe upon copyright laws. Sure its good fan service to their delusional customers who brought a WP8 to start with but.

At the end of the day its Google who chose who they work with, if they don't want to work with Microsoft then so be it. However, Google will probably end up just giving them the API for the ad revenue, as well, its bacially more potential dollars in their pockets as the content can reach more people. Not very many mind you lol.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Google might want to be careful here....they have a rather large share of the world wide smartphone market and it appears to be growing daily. If Google pushes too hard, they might get pushed back.

I'm no fan of YouTube as the service rarely plays nicely with my internet service, but Google seems to be going back on their "Don't be evil" motto....

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    They just announced that they will co-develop app.

12. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    as if there is a betterr option for google... if google start making patent wars, microsoft would be pleased to troll them in court for the next 20 years, while at the same time giving WP users a better app than the one they have for their own android users

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Considering all the patents Google has infringed with Android....and the code they stole. They really shouldn't be throwing stones over a YouTube app. Google actually got a pretty decent deal on the MS patents they willfully infringed. With the popularity of Android...had it gone to court, MS could have gotten considerably more per patent.