Star Citizen backer gets his $3000 pledge refunded

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 18, 2016.

1. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Come on man, why do you have to spew such vitriol? Disagreements dont require this kind of discourse. Be nicer please. Its not like he insulted your family.

2. Sempaii

Sempaii Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2070
    just call me a Fanboy dont care.

But proud to say i also back this game in 2012. What a long way we have come since then.!!

This is going to be the best spacesim ever !! :banana:

plz tell if you can name just one trible A game that did not take 4y+ to make FROM the start.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  3. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Now come on dude you know that's a pretty poor example, firstly neither of the developers asked for considerable wades of cash up front on the PROMISE that they would then go ahead and make those games... well I guess the pre order scheme originally announced for Deus Ex did that to a degree but even Square saw how stupid that was.... annnd if someone asked for their cash back prior to release they would and still will get it back with no questions asked.

Second neither of those games are on a potential never ending development cycle based around how much cash people keep shoving in to the developers pockets, bar maybe some last minute tech issue chances are both Deus Ex and Civ 6 will release on or around the announced dates.

So in two (well three if you include the refund thing) very basic ways the example doesn't really stack up.

Sorry KSP beat them to it by, well they launched this year... so minus whenever SC releases from that and you'll have how much they beat it by.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  4. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I know I know, I was being silly honestly.

Like I said I'm not defending SC with this.. the user if they want their money back based on their idea that scope creep was not what they signed up for, that to me is justified.

I'm more acting stupid with that post intentionally seeing as how dumb and nonsensical some of the posts in this thread have been (in every Star Citizen thread I read, it seems)

5. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
  6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
  7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    you stfu no one asked you

sry man but was just family squabble nothing more
    we were both over it a day ago it did not even classify as drama.

ok doc
    it all started about 2013 when I as maybe you did too,see how the game was to offer this that and I got the other thing.

I thought I had a humble dev but it turned out not I read the news story and wigged out
    so cousin Scooby gave uncle cowie a purple nirple and most know uncle don't play like that so...
    anyways thank doc :)

8. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    What AAA, new IP game was put together in 3 years? They first announced this crowd funded project in October 2012 and only a fool thinks that on that day all four development teams were instantly hired and working. It took about a year just to get the project started, let alone in full development.

I never expected it to be released in the time frame many irrational people have demanded it in.

Does anyone know how big the development team was in 2012 when they began the kickstarter? 8 people. That's it. To go from 8 people in a broom closet to 4 large development teams consisting over at least 500 well trained video game developers in itself was a massive task and took almost two years to do, all while building Arena Commander, Hanger module, and everything else since. Any big budget AAA developer already has multiple dev teams that move from project to project and because of that they have the ability to start a project at full throttle.

I'm honestly surprised they've been able to get this much done in so little time. Squadron 42 is in QA and should be released this year, and Star Citizen (the MMO) is really coming together well.

Those of you who subscribe to the Derek Smart mindset, are for the most part the kind of person who enjoys and even encourages other people to fail, probably due to some deep seeded resentment over your own failings. Derek Smart is a failure at making video games and in his twisted mind believes Chris Roberts (who made a vastly superior series of games) stole his thunder back in the day and will stop at nothing to destroy him. This is why he has an entire website dedicated to slandering Chris Roberts and has even gone after his wife and children, including posting photographs of his kids.

Chris Roberts said the following last year about Derek Smart and this gives a bit of insight into DS's insanity:

Here is a youtube video that everyone, especially those who who repeat the dribble from Derek Smart should watch

https://youtu.be/qUddm0S3LRI

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  9. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Don't shoot me....

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This is my favorite one..

Also, look in the description on youtube... look at who dmca'd it...

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD