Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO or SABERTOOTH Z97

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by TemptressCerise, May 31, 2014.

1. TemptressCerise

TemptressCerise Guest

GPU:
    GALAXY GeForce GTX 570
    So tomorrow, I will more than likely end up buying all my new computer parts, but I am actually still debating, lol.

My current debate is whether I should go MAXIMUS VII HERO or SABERTOOTH Z97 Mark 1 - I actually like the look of both boards, I am coming from a Sabertooth Z77 and fell in love with the look of the Sabertooth series, but looking at the Maximus VII Hero, I can't help but like it too.

So I don't know, would the MAXIMUS VII HERO be the board to go to?

My primary use of my new PC will be video editing and gaming. I'll only be gaming at 1080p, but I'll def OC my CPU and Video card.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($269.99 @ Micro Center)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Mushkin Redline 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($189.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($244.99 @ Micro Center)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Dual Classified ACX Video Card ($739.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 760T Black ATX Full Tower Case ($159.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($139.99 @ Newegg)

2. DraZor

DraZor Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    I would just go with upping your 570 to a 780 or SLI 780s.

Probably not the greatest idea if your doing video editing though (CPU) lol.

Out of those 2 boards I would just call it even and go with the Z97 Deluxe.

3. TemptressCerise

TemptressCerise Guest

GPU:
    GALAXY GeForce GTX 570
    I can't do that. I am giving away this build to my brother, who is on an older rig. Q6600.

Edit: Hmmm, I guess I'll go with the Asus Z97-DELUXE then. Good call, didn't see it. Thanks. :)

As far as processor, I don't think I'd be able to invest in one that's meant for video processing and still stay within budget. :(

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  4. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Well thanks to you with the MicroCenter idea, I can snag a 4770K rather cheap instead of waiting on a 4790K to show up, as well as grab a Z97 board.

I never thought of checking back on MicroCenter! Thanks! :)