is the Saboteur a dated game? or worth trying?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Aug 4, 2014.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    is the saboteur a dated game? does anyone recommend it?

2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    It even felt dated to me when it came out. Did not get very far in it before losing interest. Very generic gameplay. I probably would have enjoyed it if it was the only game released in the last 10 years. Of course as with most game discussions here, opinions can vary wildly.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I still play it from time to time. It's pretty fun IMO despite the fact it was clearly rushed and never completely finished (the last patch for the game before EA fired the developers is a beta!) so there are numerous bugs and glitches, not least the fact that map doesn't work properly at anything other than 1280x720. If you can overlook those then then you'll find an enjoyable GTA-style game in Paris in WW2 and featuring a memorable, roguish and, dare I say it, likeable Irish lead, some decent cutscenes and some entertaining missions among all the repetition. It's certainly no classic but the game is a lot better than I expected it to be. It is definitely worth checking out IMO if you can pick it up cheap. Just be prepared for lots of bugs.

4. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    I have it started it up couldn't change controls the way I like never started it again.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    A very awesome game.
    It has a beautiful art style and is a lot of fun to play. Driving is a bit quirky and not as polished as other open world games, but... it doesn't take away from the game at all.

I'd definitely look into it if you get the chance.

6. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    i really liked the game & played it to completion without any issues when it came out. would definitely recommend it. in fact, did check around a few times in the last couple of years if there would be a saboteur 2 but doesnt seem like that will happen anytime in the future.

7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Definitely a recommendation. One of the best highly underrated games I've played for the last couple of years.
    The music, the art style, the setting itself -> all great fun.

8. smull

smull Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    Far from generic actually.

Set in Paris, there is sneaking, parkour, climbing, changing uniforms, explosives, racing, upgrades etc.

Good visual style too.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Totally agree with the positive comments on that game. This game can be picked up very cheaply now so there's no excuse not to try it. If you do then it might surprise you at how good it actually is. It is not a perfect game by any means but as others have pointed out, it has a nice atmosphere (black and white with colour added as you free areas) and some lovely, if slightly glitchy at times graphics.

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I wonder why I thought that about the game.. something in it did not click for me. Maybe the crappy driving or combat/fighting felt 'generic'. I may reinstall it and give it another shot as I did not get far enough into it to appreciate the 'finer points' in it whatever they may be.