320.57 CUDA 5.5 Drivers out!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Pav, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Pav

Pav Guest

GPU:
    ocz 8gb 1600c9
  2. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    858MB the hell?
    these are special drivers that allows me to get 100fps in sleeping dogs max settings :3eyes:

3. JJayzX

JJayzX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio 4090 W/C
    Those drivers are a month old and wont contain the latest fixes and the latest drivers already support cuda 5.5.

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Not worth trying any 320.** drivers, there all bug ridden rubbish.

5. RaineMagnus

RaineMagnus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 690
    Have to disagree here.

--Alot of people have no-problems with the games that THEY play using drivers of the latest branch. Many, instead of playing every release that comes out focus on a select few that they play competitively or frequently, or a specific genre of games. For these people, their machine can be completely stable on R320+ and actually may run substantially better with them.

If for instance you just intended to use your machine for MMORPG's and RTS's, then I can't think of ANY big-name offenders offhand (stability, graphical, or otherwise) with the 320 / 326 series releases. All really a matter of what you use the machine for... 320.49, 326.19, and 326.41 have been rock-solid stable for me AND yielded pretty impressively SLI performance improvements over R313.

Point being: I don't think I'd sway people away from "trying" the new releases or just flat out call them "rubbish". (It's simply not-true) Also, "IF" noone tries the newest betas then the "real" bugs that exist (non hardware faults) will never be found, never be reported, and therefore NEVER get fixed.

It's in the interest of gamers as a whole that people be encouraged to experiment and find what personally works best for them, as there's only one way to answer what "works for you".

6. Pav

Pav Guest

GPU:
    ocz 8gb 1600c9
    Well they seem sweet with my 760 sli setup in windows 7 x64, I have problems with 326.xx so these are newest best for me, so don't be discouraged to try them, they might work for you better then 326.41's ;)

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeap ive heard that explanation many times and your right. The 320.00's have all been plagued with bugs, Myself and others on Guru3D have tested them enough to know the score with the 320.**s What makes this driver any different? Testing as you have said is the only way to know and your right, but i bet you a dollar that this driver turns out to be ****. Its inevitable tbh as there is no way a driver from the 320.** is going to solve all the previous bugs fromthis ****ty branch of driver. The masses are reporting the driver branch is fail so i see nothing changing with this new driver release.:)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  8. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    "Masses and the driver branch is fail." Hmm ok..

When you click the link it shows at the top Developer Zone. Do you know why its 320 not 326? Well leave it there.

Makes you wonder why Nvidia would keep using a driver in house over and over when the whole branch is fail. hehe just playing.

We have Diamond, Evga, Asus blah blah blah and though they may have the same 580/680/780 they are not the same. Then add dust and air flow and enough power and is the heatsink sitting flushly (its MY word) on the gpu again blah blah blah.

There will always be a bug somewhere for someone. They will always update to try to stay on top of them. When working with cuda, opengl directx blah blah blah sometimes you cant just have one version for all...

9. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    :):):):)

10. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Because that driver is not for the public, there for Developer only which is not recommended for normal use.