PS Vita Thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by dchalf10, Jan 21, 2012.

1. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Is anyone getting a PS Vita?

After the disaster known as the 3DS I have higher hopes for this because I think it would be impossible to have a worse games lineup and worse third party game support.

With the FFX HD remake headed to the vita...that's all I need to know.

I know sony will keep a nice stream of JRPGs coming in which is why I think most people buy handhelds.

Only 1 month to go and I think I'm going to pre-order one tomorrow.

2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Fan of PSP here. Still using it, playing it since launch.

I have my 249$ Wi-Fi pre-ordered for a while.

Two analog sticks was enough for me to buy this beauty.

3. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I just pre-ordered my wifi version about 5 minutes ago from Game...it comes with the usual headphone preorder B.S ( and some DLC/PSN stuff I will never use ) but it also came with Ridge Racer...not that I want Ridge Racer...but I imagine I'd get a decent amount of trade in value on release day.

I'm going to buy Wipeout2048...because it's the only game that I am certain will be good right now on release.

I want Gravity Rush and Ruin but they're not out on release.

4. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Needs some monster hunter to get me to buy one, its pretty much what I used my psp for and still do.

5. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    I am having trouble justifying a buy right now considering how much can be done with a phone these days. I know that my touch screen really is no match for dual anolog stx but with the lack of options this thing will have I really don't see it.
    My phone I can get emulators so I can play my back library of nes and Snes games. It also has a phone in it and the ability to steam movies and surf the net. I can't see how this will be a good addition to it. I still have that demon inside me that is telling me to buy it because it is new and full of future possibilities, the graphics are going to be awesome and the new controlls will be sweet. Then I try and imagine a time when I am going to use it and I come up with almost never after the first week. I have to take my phone with me anywhere I go so I can't see me wanting to take this aswell.
    I hope I am wrong and the 3g version has some sort of phone hack because then I would be all over it.

6. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I think its far to expensive and needs better launch titles, as uncharted appears to be the only game worth playing, time wil tell i suppose.

7. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Not buying it until they bring some damn good games out.
    Last year I bought the 3004, but after I saw the games, and the "graphics", I immediately returned it to the shop..

8. Homonculus1987

Homonculus1987 Guest

GPU:
    evga GeForce GTX560 Ti
    I work for sony and this **** sucks. Not impressed. How many phones have superior specs nowadays?

9. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I might get one as I like my psp, but I will wait until the first big price drop and pick up some cheaper launch games, uncharted looks great.

10. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    If you can name me one phone that has a quad core arm processor and a GPU as powerful as the Vita I'll give you $100 dollars.

The 512mb of ram is confusing. But I'm sure it's all that's needed from playing games. The only time more than that is needed on a phone is when you have a bunch of applications running at the same time.

The only thing lacking on it are games, nothing about the hardware is.

11. Homonculus1987

Homonculus1987 Guest

GPU:
    evga GeForce GTX560 Ti
    You mean as powerful? Try like every phone released today. Not to mention the PS Vita is HUGE! And they say HD specs rofl give me a damn break. It has to stay with that behind times hardware for another 5+ years. GTFO.

12. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800

I say again. Name 1 phone that has a quad core arm cpu and a GPU as powerful as the Vita.

Do you know of any phones that have a 5 inch OLED screen?

Or a phone with dual analogue sticks?

Phone's aren't good for gaming, they haver piss poor visuals and weak touch controls. The only games a phone can do is simplistic arcade games.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  13. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    the note has 5.3 AMOLED screen and is HD not qHD, also the iphone 4s i think is using the same gpu something like powerVR GX54x2 is like a dual card or something, about the 1.6ghz quad core cpu, nope, i doubt a phone can beat that in a while, but thats not the case.

i like the PSV , i have a psp-2000 here and i dont play with it anymore but i still like it lol, the vita is what i wanted in the psp, dual analog sticks, better screen and some power under the hood to put some decent graphics, the screen resolution is a bit low for the size i was expecting 720p at least

14. Homonculus1987

Homonculus1987 Guest

GPU:
    evga GeForce GTX560 Ti
    What games have you been playing? Piss poor visuals? Galaxy Note. Simple. So my paypal is EricGraham1987@gmail.com I appreciate the money I definitely will put it to good use. And I never said the ps vita wasn't a better gaming handheld. I HOPE its better since thats what its designed to be. But sorry PS Vita is still not impressive no matter how you spin it. Only reason for me to get it is because its going to be hacked to the moon and back and I wont have to pay a dime for games. And I dont think you realized that the PS Vita is something that has to last 5 years minimum. I will keep a phone for 1-2 years max then upgrade to something twice as fast. So in 2 years when the PS Vita is low end specs compared to phones what then?

15. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    You people are insane.

NO phone has as good a cpu as the one in the vita, and no phone has a gpu anywhere near as good as the one in the vita. No phone has anaologue sticks or anywhere near as many buttons that are required for any games over and above simple arcade games.

Yeah man touch screens are awesome for gaming /s

Just look at all the high quality games coming out for phones like...

Yeah...truly amazing.

So let me get this straight...there is *1* phone with a screeb 5" or bigger...it has significantly worse specs than the vita...a worse screen albeit larger res... and no controls required for any type of sophisticated games...yet that makes phones better/more powerful than the vita?

*one handed clapping*

16. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    oh nice, now we have the same PC vs console war but in mobile scale lol

17. Homonculus1987

Homonculus1987 Guest

GPU:
    evga GeForce GTX560 Ti
    Wow you're severely misinformed /thread

18. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Quad core phones are scheduled to launch this year.
    IMO the ipad is my mobile gaming platform of choice.

19. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Feel free to inform me when a phone comes out as powerful as the vita with the same quality games as what is seen on the vita or 3ds such as the FFX HD remake.

I don't know of you realise...but your in the console thread section in a ps vita thread.

Go to the iphone thead and talk about how much of an awesome gaming device it so because no one cares.

Lololol phones...lolol games

20. Homonculus1987

Homonculus1987 Guest

GPU:
    evga GeForce GTX560 Ti
    You're an idiot. Like to the extreme degree. Where in any of my posts did I say gaming on a cell phone is better than on a PS Vita? FFX HD? Sorry but the PS vita cant even do HD so how is it called an HD remake?