Best card to mod to Quadro at a decent price range?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by sdam, Sep 13, 2005.

1. sdam

sdam New Member

Dear All,

Sorry if it has been covered a million times, but I did my homework, searched extensively and still cannot decide.

Ideally, I'd like a card at about the price of an Asus 6600GT (around 200 Euros where I live) but I could go a little higher if needed.

The card will be bought with the expressed intention of modding it to some version of Quadro, since that's what Avid would prefer to see in my system, instead of any other card ;)

From your collective wisdom, what would be the most promising card to go for? Any chances with a PCI-e as of yet?
    What about an actual PCI-e 6600GT? An AGP? Should I opt for a different model? Willing to even try hardmodding, if there's no other way... Any suggestions?

Thanking all in advance,
    -s.

2. Lord Banshee

Lord Banshee Master Guru

GPU:
    X1950XT 512 @ FireGL 7350
    6800NU AGP or 6800GT AGP is your best bet if you want Quadro

3. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Eh, you didn't even have to search - all the info you require has been given in the recent Quadro threads... how about some reading before posting the same questions asked a day before? :( :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2005