Samsung\Oculus App Issues

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by dk_lightning, Jun 2, 2017.

1. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    I got my self the Gear VR 2017 with controller today but I am having nothing but trouble with the Oculus app.

I can not get.. "apps" from the Oculus store to install. I click install, Accept the permissions and then it either just goes back to the main app screen with the install button or it will start to download.. get to about 90% done and then just sit there and do nothing.

I left my phone for a bit and I noticed Netflix installed somehow.

Anyone have a clue whats going on?

I tried uninstalling all the Oculus apps from my phone and starting again but same issue :(:bang:

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Tried Data instead of WiFi or vice versa to rule out the connection as the problem?

I've got the original GearVR but not seen that happen before

Try disconnecting the controller too if it is already set up, use the side D pad

3. dk_lightning

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    Makes no difference. Bloody ANNOYING though. Downloads right to the last mb or 2 and just stops dead. 62.31 of 64.86 at the moment.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    You haven't disabled anything to do with facebook etc with a Package disabler have you?

5. dk_lightning

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    Nope, I use FB anyway but never disabled anything at all.

See! Rebooted my phone and its downloaded Dead and Buried and its installed it fine just as I started this post.

And now all seems fine.. Huh.. Tried that like 5 times with no effect so why now?!

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    That's tech for you :D

With a sprinkling of Oculus and Facebook on top to make things worse

I haven't used my Gear for months, had a look at the latest top 10 apps and games for it the other day and they were all the same ones I'd played last year, seems like not much new is happening, or at least nothing worth reviewing

Minecraft VR looked good, could see myself spending time in that world but don't have a controller and it doesn't work without one