Centralized Thread for all Watch Dogs Mods: Let's work together!

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by CongressBeta, Jul 4, 2014.

1. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    Guys I've been thinking and I've came to the conclusion we need to stop begging TheWorse and Kadzait to continue and we need to come together and finish the job. If someone can create a thread where we can also post and modify patches that tweak the game WITH NO DRAMA, that would be excellent. If not I'll take the initiative and make the thread myself.

Let's not let these guys bum us out. If the worse wants to keep his 0.9 from people who supported him then f* him and let's do it ourselves!

WELCOME TO THE CENTRALIZED WATCH DOGS MOD THREAD!

This is a place where every modder can come together and exchange ideas and techniques to create the ULTIMATE watchdog mod. Our goal is to achieve the mods shown at E3 2012 and it will require a lot of work so let's get started :)

2. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  3. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I'd be happy to contribute. I have experience, but not with something like WD. If someone has an idea how TW and Kadzait were able to develop their mods and put together a faqs sheet or something I'd be happy to learn and help continue the work. The things TW was promising for v0.9 sounded pretty awesome, and was likely the final mod needed (pending bugs).

4. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    Nice! Thanks for contributing!

5. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    Thanks man! I think there is still some graphical work to do to get to E3 graphics. That would be crazy if someone could replicate the Physx used in the E3 explosions along with the temporary hearing loss effects.

6. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060

This is a thread made by Kadzait24 about how to mod Watch Dogs:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390238

It's the same proccess as modding Far Cry 3, as it uses a modified version of the same engine. Hope it helps.

7. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I looked right over this thread -> http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390238

I'm going to do some reading and look over this and the rest of the posts, than do some scanning through other threads. Once I get a better idea of how this works I'll see what I can do to contribute. To start with, I think using the UBI patch as a starting point is a good idea, but otherwise it should be a fresh start. Looking through and learning from other mods is a good idea, but just copying things only recycles them, and the bugs they still had. For improvement it's probably better to base new work off of others and take it further. Lets aim for something new instead of just a tweak.

~Ha nice, posted that right after you. Thanks for the help, I'm looking through it now.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  8. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    Good idea man

9. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
  10. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB

Watch Dogs uses a different engine than Far Cry. Watch Dogs uses the Disrupt Engine which was made for watch dogs and is supposed to be "scalable" to many different devices.

11. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    Next Step

We need to all contact modders like Lunayah and Maldo so we can have all the modders communicate in this thread.

12. OverlordDoorpy

OverlordDoorpy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Ideas guy.

13. DestinyExplorer

DestinyExplorer Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 760 2GB
    Question: How do I install the surrender mod without using the patch.dat? There's an alternate file to use but I can't find where to put it :/

14. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    Actually, the Disrupt Engine is just a modified version of the Dunia 2 engine used in Far Cry 3, and the modding proccess is exactly the same, through a patch.dat/.fat file.

Thst's why I shared that post, maybe it helps someone mod this game.

15. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Im really looking into the Asians getting into the Game more deeply and of course the Russians.

Technically you are right but there are also differences both Teams Share resources and especially their Middleware progress that's for sure :)

Though Watch_Dogs (Disrupt) also shares a lot of technical stuff with AC and Anvil Next.

It's a very interesting collaborative mix inside the Studios that comes together in the R&D :)

The Editor for Watch_Dogs looks pretty different compared to FarED though.

Also the Water Rendering Developed by Ubisoft Singapur is really interesting and shows it strenghts also in Watch_Dogs :)

Watch_Dogs is the first title where Ubisoft pushes their Physical Shading approach very heavily which will be later used inside of AC5.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014

16. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    Interesting

17. DestinyExplorer

DestinyExplorer Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 760 2GB
    :) pls

18. kato-secret

kato-secret Guest

GPU:
    geforce gtx 760 2gb
    disrupt engine is a mix of assassins creed and far cry 3 engine.

19. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    Why do you not want the patch.dat? Will it override something?

20. Haxe

Haxe Guest

GPU:
    I've found out how to add additional clothes in the game, however im having problem making them show up in stores for purchase :(