NVidia SLI Guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Jul 28, 2013.

1. ren008

ren008 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
  2. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Perhaps you guys can provide screenshot comparisons with frame rate and GPU usage?
    Since SLI scaling testing is very complicated, I think we need proper evidence that these profiles are working well without downsides ;)
    My inner perfectionist isn't really satisfied with this type of posting.

If I get this evidence, I can then add the above four SLI profiles to my new AA, AO and SLI master thread:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4908843#post4908843

Btw please support making this thread sticky :)

No, it isn't actually:
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10343632&postcount=1664

There are no custom DX11 SLI bits which doesn't either cause flickering with certain AA modes and/or occasional slowdowns down to single GPU frame rates in Dead Rising 3.
    Just like Risen 3, DR3 needs a patch before full AFR SLI scaling is supported.

3. twin snakes

twin snakes New Member

GPU:
    nvidia 6800GT
    Dead Rising 3 works great, and now Middle earth: Shadow of Mordor lacks SLI support, oh well...

4. Ph00p

Ph00p Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GT 650M 4gb
    Still no fix for the flickering in Titanfall! Great job on everyone's part(Respawn and/or Nvidia).

5. frankgom

frankgom Guest

GPU:
    2 x NVIIDA GTX 780ti SLI
    For Shadows of Mordor the fear3 sli profile works flawlessly, over 90 % gpu use on both cards at 4k resolution.

6. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Well you'll have to get used to it :) I don't have the game installed anymore and I wouldn't post what I found if it didn't work. The enthusiastic followup directly below mine by 'harkinsteven' should be evidence enough.

7. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Interesting, do you experience any flickering or slowdown problems?
    The developer will need to patch the game for full "trouble-free" AFR support though ;)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  8. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    SLI profile for NBA 2k15?

9. Badula

Badula Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
    I had flickering using FEAR 3 profile, but since I switched Mordor's exe to the Batman: Arkham Origins profile it has stopped, and now runs perfectly.

10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Ryse Son of Rome

basically add RYSE.EXE to the Sleeping Dogs profile. Or use the bits, 0x080010F5

11. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB
    What kind of usage are you seeing? This is pretty ridiculous we don't have a profile for this game yet.

12. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    This information has already been posted in 3DCenter SLI thread:
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10383313&postcount=1732

Ryse scales perfect with SLI using "0x080010F5", but you need to disable "Temporal AA" to prevent graphics corruption.
    And this profile does cause some water flickering and a few other relatively minor issues.

Crytek will need to patch the game to fix these problems and make the game fully AFR compatible.
    Then NVIDIA will most likely include an official SLI profile in the drivers.

13. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB
    Thanks for this. It would be nice if nvidia would be more transparent and actually communicate some of the larger issues like this with us.

14. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    The true about SLI profiles with newer games is somewhere in the middle between game developer companies AND Nvidia. As Johnny said they devs have to make their games compatible with mutlible gpus (something that they dont care when they develope a console game (which means to gain money faster from these sales) and then Nvidia and Amd would make the needed profiles. However it would be great if Nvidia & Amd 's "code" would provide a all-around compatible method (at least AFR) so with some basic profiles we should have a good usage of our multible -paid- gpus from the moment we install a new title...
    So we always think one of these two questions..:
    1) Game's fault..?
    or
    2) Nvidia/Amd 's fault...?

The bottom line is that I've never heard a game's developer say that "NVidia(or Amd) should provide a profile for my game",always I read from Nvidia(or Amd) "game's devs need to patch this for us to make a profile" ....
    and to clarify that if a game supports multi gpus from 1st day release, even without a profile you will see all your gpus run well and when a profile for that game comes out you may see even better perf boost(or not).

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i have no idea what is going on this topic.

just bought a lenovo laptop with SLI 750Ms in it. and i enabled it in nvidia control panel to show SLI logo when active. i started to play Cabela Big game Hunters Pro Hunt game. and i see no SLI logo...or i cant see? is it so small to spot?

last minute edit:

here

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/technology/sli

i searched for cabela...and came with nothing...so no profile for the game? so not any game is SLI ready? so what? i will run with single GPU i feel like cheated.

16. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    There is no official sli profile for it.Try some(like 0x000000f5) and see if there is any benefit..

17. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Hi, need some help. Due to some issues with 344.48 I would like to stay with 344.16. Having only just gone SLi, I thought that I'd receive new SLi profiles regardless of actual driver I'm on? If so shouldn't I have received the new Ryse SLi profile via Geforce experience?

18. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    Setting as '1' the last '5' on Bound by Flames compatibility bits fixes the full screen flickering in Tri-SLI and 4-way SLI setups. Before that is necessary to disable 3rd gpu in nvcpui before start the game. 2way SLI will have the same performance with custom bits because '1' means two gpus ('5' means four gpus).

At the moment Mafia 2 seems the only game that need to change something in nvidia control panel before launch the game. Is a shame no script can force one gpu as exclusive physx gpu without manual interaction.

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    ThanX man. I found another solution. Set af2 in noida cont ok panel. Now games run just perfect.

20. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    The official Ryse DX11 SLI profile is "0x080040F5", but this is completely useless on its own.
    You need to also enable a special undefined SLI bit in NVIDIA Inspector to get full scaling and prevent horrible frame rate fluctuations.

I have included an already customized .nip file for Ryse in my NVIDIA compatibility bits master list spreadsheet:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=392715

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014