core, PLL, and vram voltage for power edition gtx 670??

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by tviceman, Jun 24, 2012.

1. tviceman

tviceman Guest

GPU:
    msi power edition gtx 670
    I got this card last weekend and so far it's been great performer for the most part. Unfortunately, the options to adjust the voltage on the core, PLL, and vram is not present. Specifically, the core voltage slider is present on 2.2.2 but makes absolutely no difference on the voltage the card runs at under load, nor does it make any difference to overclocking capabilities as well as temperatures. The PLL and VRAM voltage sliders are not present.

The product's packaging clearly says on the box these three options are possible with this particular model. Can those of us who own this card expect the next (or at some point in the near future) version of MSI afterburner to give users the capabilities of voltage adjustments with this card?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

You can expect new version as soon as MSI provide me a card.

3. Booj

Booj New Member

GPU:
    MSI R6870
    I hope they sent you a 680 Lightning as well! ;)

4. ra_alfaomega

ra_alfaomega Member Guru

GPU:
    Gtx1070 MSI Gaming X
    Thanks, Unwinder! You are the best :thumbup: ...I hope AF 2.2.3 comes real soon( I mean your msi card:) ),because I waited 670 PE for some time and I want to see how good can overclock after all the goodies are enabled, voltage tweaking, of course :)

5. tviceman

tviceman Guest

GPU:
    msi power edition gtx 670
    Great! Thank you for the news! I am looking forward to the update! >:D

6. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    Dear All

Coming soon.

Thank you, Unwinder!:thumbup:We love you~:mhp:

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Hows it going with the card unwinder,i sure hope MSI has sent you a card or two.
    You think it will be much longer for tri support on the 670 pe and 680 lightning?

8. TheGoat Eater

TheGoat Eater New Member

GPU:
    MSI cards
    I hear it should be soon ;) will you be testing this with MSI R&D, or will you just test it all yourself. If you need a tester for this I can provide my contacts info for you, as I am asked to wait on this tool for completion of my project.

9. Unwinder

I still don't have a card, sorry. So those MSI reps who declare that 2.2.3 is in active development right now and expected to be released in a few days are misinforming, sorrry. I cannot even predict anything until I get the hardware.

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Ok got ya thanks for the update.

11. TheGoat Eater

TheGoat Eater New Member

GPU:
    MSI cards
    No problem - I was asked to wait on the SW part of it before I started up. With your information I will just get working on a few other projects that need my attention. I hope that you get your card soon so A. you have a good time with it B. Game on C. get some testing and programming done (In that order :) as I can't just jump to test mode right away any more LOL. Thank you for the info - I will relay this to my contacts and link them here for the status.

Thanks

12. Unwinder

Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation about upcoming 2.2.3 with Lightning support. I'm wondering why some people enjoy making things up and posting rumors like this:

Unwinder isn't the only programmer, MSI works on afterburner as well. It is their custom version of the riva tuner core, just like EVGA with precision X. Asus GPU tweak, Galaxy OC, Precision x, and afterburner are all based on riva tuner core, every AIB maker creates their own custom version of it. Afterburner is MSI's custom version and they do have people working on it from what i'm told.

MSI Germany posted that a new BIOS and revision of afterburner is coming soon, they hinted monday but did not confirm. It should be coming soon in any case.

No, I'm the only programmer working on MSI Afterburner project, it is single man project. And it is physically impossible to modify anything but databases from MSI side because I own source code by the contract. The same applies to Precision and Precision X. And no, ASUS GPU Tweak and Galaxy OC and not based on RivaTuner core. And finally, no, new version will not be launched on Monday because my Lightning is still in the way. So info about launch on Monday is not true.

13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Please if you can,when your all done give us a headsup that your uploading to msi.... whenever that might be.
    Have a good weekend

14. xoleras

xoleras Guest

GPU:
    msi lightning gtx 580 sli
    Hello Unwinder,

I see, I posted that based on what I was told by someone else. First, I'm not intentionally trying to spread bad info, so apologies about that. EVGA reps have mentioned that they do some work with precision X in terms of the GUI and their vDroop utility that comes with it, so I assumed it was like that with all versions. I misinterpreted what they have said completely, and I suppose I should have asked here before posting what I did over at hardocp. Anyway, I apologize, it was not intentional. So is MSI trying to get your stuff out to you?

In any case, hope you you get the cards soon so you can 1) enjoy them 2) set world records and 3) get a new version out. Thanks for the continued work on afterburner, its still my favorite OC utility and has been for a long time.:banana:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  15. Unwinder

No problem, I'm just tried to prevent massive public disappointment after seeing no 2.2.3 on Monday. And yes, MSI shipped retail Lightning some time ago. That's the second attempt, the first Lightning was an engineering sample, which I couldn't get working on my development PC.

16. Unwinder

Some update on situation:

Still no card. My vacation starts on 16th and I'm leaving home this day, if the card doesn't arrive till that date 2.2.3 launch will be shifted to August till I return.

17. wadec22

wadec22 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning 2g
    bummer. how long does it typically take them to ship to you? is it a fairly simple process when you have one in hand? thanks for keeping us updated.

18. Unwinder

Normally it takes 2-3 days to ship here from Moscow MSI office, but it takes much longer to ship to Moscow from MSI Taiwan (sometimes couple weeks) due to custom delays and so on. Implementation of new PWM support is a question of a few hours, but Lightning/PE is a bit different story - PWMs are already supported but NVIDIA changed I2C access way on 600 series. So it may take longer, I'm still not sure myself if it will be possible without problems. That's why I absolutely hate marketing games and attemts to sell something that is not ready yet.

19. hammerforged

hammerforged Guest

GPU:
    Msi GTX 680 Lightning
    I'm pretty upset as a GTX 680 Lightning owner.

I would be really upset Unwinder if I were you. I feel for you that Msi has placed you in this position and promised stuff that hasnt even been worked on yet nor has been verified to work.

I wish you the best of luck with the programming.

20. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    I'm a recent 680 Lightning owner and I must admit I feel a litle "raped" by MSi now that I realize they sold me something it is not even confirmed to be possible. I chosed this model instead of other brands (Evga FTW & Asus CU2) cause of its unleashed overvolting capacity, but I now I stumble upon its "probability" instead of its certainty.

It is more than clear (at least to me), that Unwinder has nothing to do with this, in fact I think he is like another "victim" of this arguably honest marketing strategy from MSi.

Personally, I won't mind waiting a month or so for it to be ready, I just don't like the nearly false advertisement which I've been fooled by.

I wish Alexey best of luck with this new development challenge and very happy holidays too!!!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012