Help with SLI on new PC

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by milamber, Feb 5, 2012.

1. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Just setup a new PC (I had some help because I barely know what I'm doing but they had to leave and now I'm stuck) and having trouble getting the GTX 570s working.

The mobo PCI-E cables are 12 pins at one end split off to a pair of 6+2 pin ends. The 570s are 6+8 pin. My power supply (AX-850) only has room for one PCI-E cable. There are pins free but the PCI-E cable won't fit into them.

I've tried with just the one 570 but I get a blank screen. I had to disconnect the PCI-E cable just to get the onboard GPU going.

I don't have a manual and Asus don't have one on their website.

2. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Well, I got one gtx 570 working on the 2nd slot. But now I need to figure out why I can't fit another PCI-E cable into the PSU.

3. jayman

jayman Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor AX7990 x 2 3GB
  4. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    I had my SLI GTX 570 and Corsair AX850 running with an Asus P8P67 Pro a few months ago no trouble. I didn't install that PC myself though.

5. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
  6. CoreyPL

CoreyPL Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080 Super WC
    Remember, that ASRock suggests also using molex power connector on motherboard, when doing a SLI of high-powered cards. You can find this molex connector above first PCI-E x16 slot - it is this black one with 4 pins.