Is this Chrome Ram Usage normal?

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by Galinho13, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Galinho13

Galinho13 Guest

GPU:
    2x4GB Kingston 1333MHZ
    Hey guys!
    I'm here again to ask some question to you
    I've got several doubts about my memory usage on Google Chrome. Well, I actually have 8GB of ram, but I'm always wonder if maybe something is wrong with my browser/system.
    When I like have 6 tabs opened (mostly of them about forums), my ram usage in chrome is around 300~600k. With 10 tabs (incluiding facebook) this usage can goes to 1GB almost! I realized that the Facebook is the biggest hog of memory there. Is this correct? One day, when I had kind of 15~20 tabs, I could see the usage goes around 2GB.
    The only extension I use is Adblock and Google Docs.

Oh, and one more question: which flash plugin should I use: The Pepper plugin (from chrome) or the Adobe Flash Plugin? Or maybe both?

Thanks for always being helpful for me, guys!

2. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    I notice this also, try Opera and check the RAM usage to see how they compair.

3. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Firefox, with numerous addons, mostly anti-track/adblock. 6 Tabs gives me approx 425 MB of RAM usage, with FB open. With FB shut, this drops to 410 MB. With just one tab (this window for the forum), I'm running 345 MB of RAM.

4. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Chrome - 4 tabs + adblock +FB.. ~93MB

5. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Chrome with 4 tabs open including Facebook with Adblock and Tabs to the front add ons using 67.3 Mbs