MSI Afterburner Core Voltage??

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Auradesru, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Auradesru

Auradesru Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 270x
    I figured out why my windows 8.1 and drivers were crashing. I decided to downclock my gpu but it effected the performance drastically. I want to add more voltage into my GPU but MSI afterburner won't allow me. I've done everything wit the CFG and settings to allow me to change core voltage. It still wont allow me to do it for some reason. Is my R9 270x Locked?

2. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    Voltage control only works for AMD/NVIDIA reference cards and MSI custom cards. Your card may be an HIS custom model, in which case voltage control isn't supported on it.

3. Imperious

Imperious Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Phoenix GTX1070
    I suggest You try Asus GPU Tweak as that unlocks voltage control on my MSI R9 270 and I can push the core up to 1125mhz at 1.2v. Any higher and I get an occasional bsod or blank screen of various colours.

It's unfortunate that MSI afterburner doesn't support voltage unlock on these cards when Sapphire trixx and Asus GPU tweak do. If it happens in a future version of AB then that would be great, but I expect there is some Company political reason as to why it isn't available.
    The voltage control chip is a NCP5395T so unless support gets added for that then just use alternative software.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014