Ghost Recon VS. Kyro II 4500

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by jskaplan, Nov 16, 2001.

1. jskaplan

jskaplan Guest

!!!WTF!!!<br>
    Has anyone had any luck with the card and the game.<br>
    For 50 bucks i would think this game would work SOMEWHAT..well it does work somewhat, but once i go into training. POOF! the game starts going very very slow, so slow that it just seems to go to every nanosecond frame and you press the escape key and 3 min. later the menu pops up.<br>
    What gives.<br>
    spec:<br>
    Win ME<br>
    amd 1.2ghz<br>
    512mb ram<br>
    dx 8.0a<br>
    I also have the latest 9.xxx driver for ME<br>
    (I havent updated my 4-1drivers in 2months and i havent put the 8.1 drivers for dx in)<br>
    I re-installed it and played on the defaults and it worked fine at 800x600 16 but once i stepped up to the higher level (which i should be fine at) to 800x600 32 and changed the zbuff to 32, it all went crazy again...<br>
    i heard there is this "more than 256mb of ram" bug? did i catch it?<br>
    <br>
    any fixes would be gr8ly apreciated..<br>
    <br>
    -Jared

2. Ottokar

Ottokar Guest

I had the same problem...it has something to do with the shadows. Turn off all shadows in the Video-preferences and it should work fine... with shadows i have one frame every 2 seconds, without them the game runs well at 1200. According to the tech.support shadows are supposed for "High end sytems only" , lol!!! <br>
    You can mess around with all the video options, just turn off the shadows...<br>
    Let me know if it worked

3. Ai Hate

Ai Hate Guest

yep. just turn off the shadows for everything. i'm running a tb1.4, and everything is ok if i don't turn that option on.