The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.3)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    I've been and got it now from skellige. Going to have a rejig and see how I get on. I want to try and make my skills useful without making me OP. The new game plus mode is awesome news. CD Red have said they need 'a little more time' to get it ready, I hope that only means a week or two. I've only got a few more places I need to explore before I'll be fully ready for a new play through in the NG+ mode

I'm very interested to know how they are going to do it? I'm hoping for a new extreme death march difficulty with enemy scaling so I can play though at my current level or reset level 1 with current buffs and gear. I'm hoping for new gear though. New mastercrafted armour and swords to find. I wonder how they will make it work with the new DLC coming? Will that ship with a NG+ mode after you complete that first time round. Either way I'm super excited :)

2. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    yeah, can't wait for this, i was hoping for a chance to start the game again at my current level and with my current gear. But i hope they consider this once they release the two paid DLC's, because if i restart the game from my current level i will reach lvl70 most definitely, that means the future dlc's have to be aware of this.

Don't think we will get new armour but they will definitely increase the current ones stats.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    All the newer DLC already have NG+ versions of the added armor and weapons. :)

EDIT:
    For example with the console enabler utility you can use "DLC14 Skellige Armor" for the regular version or "NGP DLC14 Skellige Armor" for the New Game+ version. :)
    (This should have most of them. - http://www.mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands )

4. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Updates on the achievements issue:

---
    "P4LOO ***8207;@P4LOO" 12 hours ago
    "@Marcin360" When will be repair achievments please I cant play without this

"Marcin Momot ***8207;@Marcin360" 11 hours ago
    "@P4LOO" Working on it.
    ----
    "D K ***8207;@Dithashere" 16 hours ago
    "@Marcin360" Are you going to fix Steam achievements anytime soon? It's been almost a week already

"Marcin Momot ***8207;@Marcin360" 15 hours ago
    "@Dithashere" Yes. Hoping to have it fixed as soon as possible.

REDkatja (CD PROJEKT RED) : Hello, We're currently working on a fix. If you already have all needed cards, achievement will unlock. Sorry for inconvenience.

5. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Whew, thank god they're fixing achievements.... Don't know if I could have continued my game without knowing those meaningless icons that affect nothing and nobody ever sees are working...

Oh look, that quest still doesn't work, that location still needs optimization and that dude STILL doesn't know how to walk and carry a box at the same time.

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    There are actually several people that took a break (me included up until one point) because of these "meaningless icons" not working anymore after the patch. Just because you don't care about them, doesn't mean others don't - especially "completionists".

Besides, it was a simple thing really, it amazing how it's almost 2 weeks now and they didn't release hotfix yet. If it takes so much for such a small fix, then quest and other more major bugs will take... don't even want to think about it.

For example a very frustrating quest bug for me is that I just went through Gwent collect them all quest checklist like 3 times (took over an hour), even though I knew before reading it that I have all the cards (I really like playing gwent) but the quest won't complete, let alone the achievement.

7. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    How does the GOG trophy thing work? I’m not really a completionist but I would like to do 100% of everything in this game because its just that good :) GOG says I've got 54% of trophies – I have definitely done more of the game than that. I would like to know how close I am to actual 100% completion. Can I get that information anywhere?

Also, Marcin has given us some slightly vague details on the NG+ mode http://www.gamespot.com/articles/first-witcher-3-new-game-plus-details-revealed/1100-6429239/

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  8. lagolas

lagolas Guest

GPU:
    7950 vapor-x
    You made me cry from laughter I though I was the only one who have noticed it! :funny:

p.s.

I am not piking sides on the achievement thing.

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    As I said in my posts, Achievement bug is present for both Steam and GOG since 1.07. And we won't know if they will be awarded retroactively, but I highly doubt it.

10. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I guess they are not pointless. I just equate the ubiquitous "achievement culture" in gaming with a form of sly advertising. Has rubbed me the wrong way for awhile now. And I think there are much more important bugs and fixes that should be higher on CDPR's to-do list.

And I don't disagree that it seems like it should be a simple thing to fix and should have been done by now. Though I did see somewhere that they mentioned they will support this game for 2+ years, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

11. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
  12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    :stewpid:

edit2: I'm such a bloody oaf lol
    I actually did get the good ending aka Ciri becomes a Witcher, but I was so shocked when Geralt told Emhyr that Ciri is dead that I actually fell for it and quit the game before going to White Orchard inn! :giggle2:
    ... after the credits though, when I got in control of Geralt again he started walking on his own in circles, yet another bug I guess.

It took me arround 180 hours (level 36 and a half), and I still have some minor quests to do, but one thing is certain, the game needs more polish. I encountered way too many quests/gameplay related glitches and bugs, I'm sure CDPRed will fix all these at some point, but it will definitely not happen too soon. I'll hold off with my second playthrough for a while because of this.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Finished the game twice now with I would say over 500 hours total. Got two totally different endings along with lots of new quest twists throughout the story. Absolutely amazing experience, easily game of the year. I finished the witcher 2 five times so I'm sure I'll get many more hundreds and thousands of hours from this game.

14. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Holy ****, I´ve reached level 20 and already taking a break. Good game though.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/the-...log-out-now-update-launches-soon-488228.shtml

Patch notes for the upcoming 1.08 update. :)

16. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Off the first page? That's not right! Anways I moved to Windows 10 this week and definitely noticed improved performance, at a guess I'd say 5-10fps better and it feels smoother as well while playing, only weird thing is I've seen more things floating, strange to be walking around and see a random goat 100 feet in the air, not sure if it's 10 or 1.07 but hadn't noticed it before!

17. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    What kind of usage numbers are you getting for CPU vs GPU in Windows10 in this game?

Wasn't that supposed to be the new Windows primary draw - a massive improvement for gaming, or am I thinking of some future DX12 benefit not quite released yet...

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Guys im starting to enjoy this game a lot more after knowing the fighting mechanics im admiring the world when riding roach,amazing moving colorful world.

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    There isn't any difference at all, Hilbert did a article about it.

20. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    It really depends on your configuration. Take me for instance, I have SLI so I'm more likely to see a boost in games due to Windows 10 than you as the driver overhead is much higher for multi GPU rigs... I definitely saw a performance increase when I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via clean install compared to my Windows 8.1 installation.

Even though Witcher 3 is DX11, it can still benefit from running under Windows 10 as Windows 10 uses a much better driver model (WDDM 2.0) which has lighter overhead.

Most people with single GPU systems won't see a performance increase in the Witcher 3, as the game is predominantly GPU bound except for Novigrad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.