E-D glasses problems

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by jboisclair, Apr 10, 2007.

1. jboisclair

jboisclair Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GT sprclcked 700/1720/990
    I just got the ED wired glasses, and plugged them in along with the dongle. I installed the drivers from the CD, and tried Half Life 2. Nothing happened when i enabled stereo. So I tried Half Life 1. I Set it in stereo mode, but it flickers like crazy! I went back to the desktop and disabled 3D, yet the screen is still in 3d. I have a terrible headache now so i restarted the computer and it still is in 3d mode. How would i set the refresh rate higher in games? When i look at the glasses when they are on the things are flickering so slow that games are not playable. My monitor supports up to 200hz at 800x600 but for some reason i dont know what to do.

2. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Try to visit their site for an updated version of their driver.
    I think you should be able to get it through email at least.

3. jboisclair

jboisclair Member Guru

GPU:
    Now stereo works in counter strike, half life and hfl2, and the flickering isnt as bad, but it is still very noticeable. For some reason it doesnt look very 3d even when i tried changing the settings.

Are you supposed to be able to see several things in 3d or just able to focus on one because when i focus on one everything else gets messed up.

4. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    It depends on your settings i guess. How much of the 3d effect you have going on. Usually the HUD would show a bit messed up when the rest would be ok. If i remember correctly, when i would focus on something, some stuff would get out of focus.

5. jboisclair

jboisclair Member Guru

GPU:
    Usually i have the setting close to zero because with a higher setting there are 2 pictures.

The hud is messed up but that is normal i heard but what about the flickering?

I have the latest drivers on CD(v 5.0) so i uninstalled and reinstalled to see if any thing work work better but its the same. I also found out why the screen kept staying in 3d because i didnt disable it b4 i shut off the game.

Also i thought ppl said things in games look like they are coming out of the screen?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007