SLI USAGE 100% = Same Performance as Single Gpu..

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by A M D BugBear, Mar 11, 2015.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    For some odd reason or reasons, some of the games I am testing with sli, the usage says 100% on both gpus but soon as I deactivate sli mode, the performance stays exactly the same as if I did in sli mode.

Whats interesting is this, I tried unigine heaven 4.0, tried single gpu and sli, the difference was around double(FPS speaking/about right).

I tried games like farcry 4 and others, the fps stayed exactly the same, single or sli mode, in sli mode with farcry4, sli usage is about 100% I am also using correct bit hex codes within nvidia inspector and I also did a fresh clean install of the nvidia drivers.

Anyone else have this problem?

The games I have tried that I just found out about this problem are:

Lineage2

Farcry4(update: got sli to work but alot of flashing stuff in the background, switching to txaa2 works alot better but still there).

Archlord I

I have to try other games. Lineage2 and Archlord I, I have the resolution blasted up very very high and also other sick aa settings within nvidia inspector.

Update:

BF4 in sli = works perfectly, Tried both in single and sli mode, difference is around double or so, where it should be, :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Check the game profile in the Nvidia control panel. Some games are set to Single GPU mode because they are not compatible with SLI. This is independent of having SLI enabled or not.

3. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Ok, I found the culprit behind the sli usage problem with archlord I,

Ok, I just re-installed everything, fresh install of win 8.1 x64 RTM, Lineage II sli seems to be working fine however archlord I on the other hand which I also used in conjunction with nvidia inspector, is doing the same thing as before so heres what I found:

There is a setting called in archlord, AA(anti-aliasing), What I normally do with mmos if AA is built within the game, I normally use nvidia inspector's: AA - Enhance the application settings.

I haven't really truck it down to which exactly was causing it but soon as I put the AA within nvidia inspector to override the application settings and leave the AA within the game off, It works.

I took off sli mode, look at the fps meter, put sli mode back on, rougly double give or take(where it should be), so its all good now.

Took awhile but in the end I found what was causing it, and I have played countless mmo's and who knows for sure if the same problem as this game was the same.

Anyone else had this problem before?

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Not me afaik. Sure, WoW runs better on one card than two but the problem is the game, not the hardware.

FC4 is unplayable with just one card but does better in SLI. Can test this out more when I come home though I don't think I have your issue.

Could it be driver related?

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

Well, I had to use a particular hex code within nvidia inspector for archlord I, So the hex code could play alot of role in this, I used this infamous hex code To force AA within prettie much any given game, NOT ALL but a good deal of some, yes.

This one:

Infamous: Sonic 3D All Star Racing:

0x080012C1

Absolutely Brilliant Hex Code for games out there that can't use AA worth a damn.

6. Zerk89

Zerk89 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 870M
    Hello there, could you please tell me which settings u have in nvidia inspector for archlord 1? (a screenshot /s would help a lot) . I have a laptop with a single GTX 870 but i feel that i am not getting 100% of it. Nvidia control panel setting seems that it's not enough. I have set it to max performance but still there are some mini freezes. Thanks

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  7. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    I'll get a screen shot later.

Typically, I always use Enhance the application settings for the AA settings within nvidia inspector as if and when you use sli configuration, the game at anytime will completely freeze until you have to hard reset, you have to switch it to override the app settings and also you have to shut off the aa within the game itself and one more thing as well:

I think there is a setting called: Force Impact effects(or something like that)

You have to turn it off otherwise if you override with massive hybrid AA settings within nvidia inspector, when you kill a mob in archlord I, the game freezes BIG time for like a few seconds, but remember, this will be constant unless you turn that force impact effects off.

Last edited: May 28, 2015