Is there a way to get add missing entries in the NV CP on notebooks ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by LesserHellspawn, Jul 23, 2013.

1. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    On my notebook (GF 525M with Optimus, desktop graphics being Intel HD 3000) I have a substantially reduced number of configuration options in the NV CP compared with the PC version. Only the 3D and Video sections are there, Display and 3D sections are missing. I'm particularly interested in the Display section. Is there any way to enable that on the notebook, or is that simply not supported ?

2. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Check your Notebook manufacturer if they have more recent drives. If not then go ahead to Nvidia and see if there are drivers compatible for your notebooks.

3. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    I already have the 326.19 on there. Ditching the outdated drivers the manufacturer offers was the first thing to do. I never had the missing sections there though, not with the original drivers, and not with any that I installed afterwards. System had Windows 7 originally, but got Windows 8 now.

4. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    For the Display section it is all routed to through the intel gpu, so if you want to change display properties you have to change them in the intel drivers and even when using the nvidia card. the 525m in your case just provides the 3d performance.