Can't get Riva working after complete new software install.

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Bungholio, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Bungholio

Bungholio New Member

GPU:
    Asus V9999 (6800) LE 128MB
    Hello dear reader,

I've got an asus v9999 6800 LE, wich I unlocked with rivatuner 15.3, gave me almost the same framerates as a GT!
    Worked great!
    I recently put in a new harddisk so I went on for a complete new installation of all my software.
    I downloaded the latest drivers for my videocard and the latest Rivatuner.
    But now Rivatuner doesn't have any effect.
    I use Aquamark, and with or without Rivatuner, It keeps at 33 fps.
    I've tried the forceware patch that came with it? It says something about needing to patch the nv4_mini.sys files, (There are 9 of those on my system) because the newer drivers are protected from Rivatuner in some way? (I'll try anything to make rivatuner work even if I've got no idea what I'm doing ; ) )
    So I tried that, but it doesn't work.
    I can only patch the nv4_mini.sys file in the c:\Windows\system 32\reinstallbackups\0002\driverfiles folder, The other 8 can not be patched.
    I also tried installing pre-53.30 drivers, but they just don't work. Also tried an older version of Rivatuner, no effect.
    Yes I completely uninstalled everything from my system and regestry with driver cleaner before I tried a new software.
    What am I doing wrong?
    It all worked like a charm on my last installation, so WTH is going on here?
    Thanx for helping me out you guys! (and girls) RĂ©, Naaldwijk, Holland.

P.S. I still haven't figured out how to post a subsystem diagnostic report and how to include the registers dump. I know what one looks like, I've seen others posting them, but how do I make such a tekst file?