Problem with overclocking HD 7670m

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by jarjou, Dec 23, 2012.

1. jarjou

jarjou Guest

GPU:
    HD 7670m
    My computer is Packard Bell ts11sb with a6-3420m cpu and 6520g and 7670m GPU.

Everytime i try to overclock it with Afterburner my computer freezes and gives blue screen. I have changed enableulps from 1 to 0 and my GPU drivers are up to date. I have read the threads and it is possible to overclock 7670m.

Had same problem with Trixx, change values and instant blue screen.

Could somebody help me out with this?

2. jamesdk09

jamesdk09 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7670m 1GB
    overclock 7670m

my current notebook is Acer Aspire 7750g-6645

Overclocking the HD 7670M

First thing to do is install MSI Afterburner

First thing to do is open regedit (Start » “regedit”). Hit “Edit » Find”, and type in “enableulps”, search. Wait for it to complete, after it finds it, double-click “enableulps” and change it’s value from 1 to 0. Hit “F6” to find the next entry of “enableulps”, it probably won’t find one but do it just to be safe.

Now open the folder Afterburner installed to (Probably “C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner”) and open “MSIAfterburner.cfg”, in Notepad. Find the line that says “UnofficialOverclockingEULA =”, and add “ I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it” to the end of it. Next, the line below it “UnofficialOverclockingMode”, change to “0” to a “1”. Now reboot your computer (This is required to disable ulps, which is required to use AfterBurner, if you don’t do this, you may need to do the regedit step again).

my current clocks are 675mhz core & 950mhz memory its stable and temps are good stay around 60o celcius while playing black ops for an hour

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  3. jamesdk09

jamesdk09 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7670m 1GB
    overclocking 7670m

my current notebook is Acer Aspire 7750g-6645

Overclocking the HD 7670M

First thing to do is install MSI Afterburner

First thing to do is open regedit (Start » “regedit”). Hit “Edit » Find”, and type in “enableulps”, search. Wait for it to complete, after it finds it, double-click “enableulps” and change it’s value from 1 to 0. Hit “F6” to find the next entry of “enableulps”, it probably won’t find one but do it just to be safe.

Now open the folder Afterburner installed to (Probably “C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner”) and open “MSIAfterburner.cfg”, in Notepad. Find the line that says “UnofficialOverclockingEULA =”, and add “ I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it” to the end of it. Next, the line below it “UnofficialOverclockingMode”, change to “0” to a “1”. Now reboot your computer (This is required to disable ulps, which is required to use AfterBurner, if you don’t do this, you may need to do the regedit step again).

my current clocks are 675mhz core & 950mhz memory its stable and temps are good stay around 60o celcius while playing black ops for an hour

4. jarjou

jarjou Guest

GPU:
    HD 7670m
    Done all this many times and still BSoD comes instantly when trying to change the values.