Which 3d set up?

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by Rainz3, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Rainz3

Rainz3 Member

GPU:
    2x8800gt 512 Sli
    I have a 65" mitubishi dlp tv (wd-65737) with my HTPC connected to it. I cant for the life of me figure out what to buy so I can watch my HD movies and tv shows in 3d. I don't have a 3d bluray player just a crap ton of MKV movies that I want to watch in 3d. Would Mitubishis 3d setup work if the videos are coming from a computer or would I have to get Nvidias 3d setup?

Also, would I actually benifet from one of the 2 3d setups without buying a 3d bluray player and the 3d version of all my movies? Thats a lot of cash I can't really afford right now lol. Anyone have a similar setup as me and can offer some insight?

Comp specs are
    Windows 7
    Intel E5200
    Nvidia 430gt
    4 x 2tb HDD
    :biggun:

Also, not really sure if this is the right area for this so sorry if its not

2. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    Have you tried nVidia 3d Vision software? I have been playing Battlefield 3 with is and it's pretty darn good (Ihaven't tried any movies yet as I already own a 3d Blu Ray Player). You can download a free 14 day trial from nvidia's website:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play-overview.html