Rivatuner, and temp overlay in BF2142

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Tipton, May 25, 2007.

1. Tipton

Tipton Banned

Are you talking about Vista, or Rivatuner??? That was a joke.

2. Tipton

Tipton Banned

Ok, I found a thread about a guy with the same issue as me, and he got it fixed. However, I have no idea what he is talking about. Here is the thread. As you can see from his sig, he is running Vista!
    http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1083731

Scroll down to the 16th reply. The guy says:

"I followed those instructions he gave exactly and I cant get the OSD to work, the server runs fine I have all the OSD stuff set, the hotkey works in and out of game to stop/start it but it just doesnt overlay

*edit*

I got it working, you have to remove the -f flag from the startup and then run it, and then reconfig the startup to use the -f flag, as his note mentions it neesd to run once without the flag to get the correct data."

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

No, that's a different story, sorry. Fast server initialization key (-f) which he is reffering to was used about a year ago and it is not anyway related to your case. Absolutely.

4. Unwinder

Got some ideas about possible workarounds and built test version of the server. If you wish to see if it helps BF on your system - give me your email address and I'll send it to you.

5. Tipton

Tipton Banned

Sent you a PM with my email address!

6. Unwinder

The server is on the way.

7. Tipton

Tipton Banned

Thanks!

Just an FYI, I think this is strictly a BF 2142 issue, and not a Vista issue. I just installed another game called Dark Messiah. It came with my graphics card, so I thought I would use it as a test. Anyway, the OSD works fine with this game. I can see the stats the second I start up the game.

8. Unwinder

Damn. Your mail server didn't like packed .exe and rejected the first email. I sent it once again with password protected .rar. Details are in email.

9. Unwinder

Of course it is not a Vista only issue. I've a lot of games under Vista amd don't experience OSD problems with any of them.

10. Tipton

Tipton Banned

*FIXED*

Unwinder, you are the man!!! The fix you emailed me worked like a charm. Full stats in BF2142 now!!

Thanks Man!!

11. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    He is amazing "sometimes" :D

12. Unwinder

Glad that it worked for you. I've added support for alternate page flipping technique for Vista.

13. Tipton

Tipton Banned

I know you created this software because you enjoy it. And I have read that you aren't interested in selling it. But, you really should charge something. People running Vista right now have nothing for overclocking their cards, adjusting fan speed, etc. Nvidia does have their half arsed offering, but comparatively speaking, it clunky junk.

Your Rivatuner is sleek, easy to navigate, and the GUI just looks good. It also does what you say it does. You should think about at least making some money for your time. It would help motivate you to continue the project down the road. It's nice to find a piece of software that functions good, and has the kind of support you have given me and others.

You should be rewarded for your efforts above and beyond the kind words people are giving you. At least have a posting that says you are taking donations. Maybe you already do. If so, I would be happy to donate.

14. Unwinder

It is not a question of money. RT was my hobby during the last 10 years, I developed it because I loved it. I simply feel bad even when I start thininking that I can ask someone to donate me something for my hobby. I'm professional software developer and I do many other commercical software project at my primary job, and I really don't want to make RT one of them. I put a part of soul in the hobby, and I'm afraid that it will loose charm for me if I'll be looking at it just like at the rest things I do for life every day.
    And the best reward for me would be seeing more thinking forum visitors reading built-in documentation. Lame discussion like the one I closed today only eat time and nerves. And this entirely depends of you, guys ;)

15. Tipton

Tipton Banned

I understand. And I agree that others should do some reading/searching before posting questions and concerns about the software.