GTX 980 Club - Overclocking - Benchmarks!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Veteran, Sep 19, 2014.

1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Nice pair! Sry couldnt resist:)

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    You got some nice boobies there, congrats on the cards

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    what cards?
    Come on you had to expect it anyways good luck with the set up.

4. laststop

laststop Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 2GB 5870
    what? women buy video cards? you sure they arent for her boyfriend and he just had her take the pic

5. klown07

klown07 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SC 4gb
    You guys totally didn't read his post huh lol. Too distracted? that's his wife. :|

6. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Respect others' Wives.
    He said "wife". I'm sure you'll not like someone taking about your wife or sister "boobs"

7. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    980 faster then 780ti? And whats the price on the 980s? I havent been keeping track of new gear been kinda busy.I wonder how big the diffrence between my old 580 vs 980? Great time to upgrade!

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Real guys dont care and take it as a compliment, as for their sister, no brother would give a damn.

9. laststop

laststop Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 2GB 5870
    so i was right!!! I knew women didn't buy videocards. I'd marry a chick that built pc's and loved gaming in a heartbeat unfortunately 99% dont give a **** about that

10. Kronvict

Kronvict Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SLI
    She actually has her own rig which i helped her build and does game with me. BF4 and wow mostly when we play together but has her own assortment of games like sims 4 and such. She plays support to feed me bullets and a healer in wow lol :D

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014

11. klown07

klown07 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SC 4gb
    That's pretty RAD man! :) I'll have to force my wife to play Gauntlet with me tomorrow. On my brand spankin new GTX 980 SC when it arrives! :banana: My wife has her own rig as well, I built it for her. It's not quite game ready yet though, if her tower allows, I will be giving her my GTX 680.

12. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I was extremely upset to see performance problems in crysis 3 were not improved with my upgrade.

Average FPS may have increased but there are lots of particular points where performance falls which seem to be related to some kine of loading points or just poor optimisation.

Eg. At the start of the game after the climb the stairs and the rope physics performance causes the frame rate to fall to about 35 frames.

In the second level when you blow up the tower with the first alien weapon and then after that you fight a few squads of soldiers and before you reach a supply cache ahead that psycho tells you about performance drops to about 35 as well.

There seem to be loading areas in many places an improved performance didn't fix the performance.

I have my game drive and windows drive as new ssds, I have my cpu at 4.8 and I have overclocked the fastest single gpu money can buy and it didn't even help performance.

I'm officially done with crysis 3.

13. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    You tried lucas hales timer resolution? Should help a bit. Rope physics tanks fps due to cpu calculations, needs to be optimized, faster gpu wont help.

14. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I havn't tried it yet, I wonder if it works for the other performance bugs too.

15. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Fire Strike results with my 980

My card came superclocked. I only boosted it a little bit more. 12717 isn't bad. I'm too much of an overclocking n00b to be able to increase it much higher.

It idles at 30-31, which seems decent.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014

16. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    People have been claiming for years now that crysis could be played at 60frame minimum on the last few generations of cars but I owned an 8800/280/480/670/680780 and now a 980 and this is the first card that has been able to get a 60 frame min maxed out in firefights such as the one where you rescue helena from the abandoned school and take on the 2 tanks.

Crysis is finally beaten.

17. laststop

laststop Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 2GB 5870
    Is there any news out there when the msi twin frozr V GTX 980 gaming is being released? I'm so ready to throw this 5870 in my secondary core 2 duo rig and get this massive frame rate boost.

18. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Don't be such a dullard. With that attitude you won't fine anyone of the opposite sex that likes you.
    My girlfriend's 470 died and she recently got a 750 Ti to hold her over. She's also much better at RTS, rhythm, and FPS games then me. Also, a real person. She lives with me.
    When you act like that you only scare away others.
    Sorry just had to defend. Carry on.

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    this is the kinda woman i'm holding out for, well done dude.
    and gratz on the cards. :)

20. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Addition to my earlier post RE: Crysis 3. The game has the same framerate drops throughout the game regardless of the settings, unoptimised POS.