Unwinder can you take a look at this?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by shoman24v, Jun 19, 2005.

1. shoman24v

shoman24v Member

GPU:
    X1900XT 256MB
    I am an owner of an inspiron XPS gen 2 with the 6800 go ultra. It's a 12 pipe card that is clocked at 450/1.06. I could never manually overclock the card but I could auto overclock. The only problem with auto OCing was that it would raise the core up to 545 which was basically unstable and would cause lockups within seconds. Now one day I installed the 71.89 retail drivers and decided to give manual 3d overclocking a whirl.... it worked.... but there was a catch it wouldnt hold the clocks once I opened a 3d app like CSS ( I also noticed that when I loaded the 3d app the screen would flicker for a sec ). After much trying I was able to get the clocks to hold but I had to minimize the program and reset the clocks till they finally stayed. My question is why am I only able to manually OC using the 71.89 drivers? What is causing the clocks to not stay? I do believe the card is bios locked... but if it was wouldn't it not OC period? Any input from you is greatly appricated. You can see my thread here at notebookforums for a greater understanding of the situation...

http://www.notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=85853

2. shoman24v

shoman24v Member

GPU:
    X1900XT 256MB