MOUSE Guide

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Corrupt^, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    FYI,

Zowie FK1 internals (3310 sensor) can be modded into the original (slightly smaller) FK body with no tooling what so ever. AM body requires mild tooling.

Mouseskates of the FK1/AM/FK are universal (one size fits all).

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    My Corsair M40 died the other day after just 8 months, and because the price had gone up, eBuyer decided to refund me instead of replace it, tw4ts

So I've just bought the R.A.T 3, should be here on Monday

Not a high end buy, but better than a 20 year old TRUST PoS Im stuck with atm lol

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Hmm, mouse arrived, not sure I like the feel, they've put the back/forward buttons right where your thumb sits, they're not accidentally being pushed, but it just feels nasty having them rub the side of your thumb constantly

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  4. trec

trec Guest

GPU:
    nvidia
    What do you think about A4Tech Bloody V4? I want buy it.

5. Quadrado

Quadrado Guest

GPU:
    4gb
    i've been using my mouse dpi at 5000 for more than a year now, and now i have it at the max 6400 it feels that bit smoother, prolly disabled all the deceleration now it's maxxed.
    the difference is not the added dpi it just feels way better now it's maxed out, in-game and on desktop.
    over the years i've gone 3500(maxxed) > 5000(with deceleration) > 6400 (maxxed)

6. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Good lord. I don't know how anyone could use that high of DPI. I am using 1600 on my Spawn with custom firmware and even that is a little on the high side for me. Anything higher and it is just way too twitchy. It's just a completely different style I guess.

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
  8. chiadretti

chiadretti Member

the g700s is great

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Got a Logitech G900 it's statements about the lag free wireless aren't false, got one, but I still didn't like the weight at the back.

It's now my main mouse, but wired, with the battery removed.

10. Lioncomputer

Lioncomputer Guest

GPU:
    gskill trident z 32gb
    ,om

om idont no

11. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Anyone here using a CM Storm Xornet II? This one looks interesting

12. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Does this affect all mice from Razer? I have the Deathadder 2013. I have put my mouse @1000 polling as it certainly helps with 144fps. If I uninstall the software, how do I know I'm still running @1000? Any way to test?

Thanks.

13. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
  14. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I uninstalled Razor Synapse and my mouse is still @ 1000hz polling from the default 500hz thankfully. My mouse mat settings that I had are gone however but I don't think it matters tbf.

So I'm guessing this is something that Razer will fix?

15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Well I haven't had a 4G mouse to test and I don't really plan on buying one since my own personal experiences with Razer were hardly positive.

But suffice it to say, if you have an older 3.0G or 3.5G mouse, try to get the legacy software.

Abyssus 2014 doesn't have this option as it's a newer mouse with older tech.

I doubt they'll fix it, I pm'ed someone from Razer like a year ago.

16. GreenAlien

GreenAlien Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 OC
    Edit: Nevermind.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    2 Great mice for those who prefer ambi shapes:

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/pro-gaming-mouse
    The new and upcoming Logitech mouse (should be out somewhere in september). Simple but effective. It's also a combination of Logitech working with CSGO players and community input about what people disliked/like about the G303.

For those of you looking for good performance at a cheaper price:
    http://shop.nixeus.com/product-p/rev-bkwh16.htm
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nixeus-REV...8&qid=1471476340&sr=8-2&keywords=nixeus+revel

Massdrop will sell around $39, which I wouldn't advise for European countries or countries with high costs in terms of customs. I ordered from Massdrop as an experiment (if it went OK I might have considered buying more expensive stuff there), but Belgium's costs in terms of VAT and customs fees put the total price at a whopping €70+. So European users are probably best of using Amazon for the Revel.

Now to explain: The 3360 sensor is the public variant of the 3366. The 3366 is still slightly better and used by Logitech, but the 3360 is pretty much better then anything else out there. You won't see a 3366 in a non Logitech mouse as it's Logitech's own tweaked version basically.

Sensors are also not made by brands such as Logitech or Razer but in most cases by a company called Pixart (few years back this was often Avago) and occasionally Phillips (mostly PTE sensor, plagued by a problematic issue called Z-Axis).

In layman's terms, sometimes there's a joint effort between the brands such as Logitech for instance and Pixart, the 3366 is the result of that. The 3360, after a year of Logitech exclusivity, is the public variant which other brands can now freely use. Expect 3360 mice their performance to be pretty close to that of a G502/G303/G900 sensor wise.

Those planning on buying a Zowie FK or Steelseries Sensei mouse, imo, reconsider and get a Revel.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Thought I'd give this gaming-mouse-biz a try too as have never had one before.

As it was very cheap (further discounted from the readily affordable price) I got a SteelSeries Rival 100. Should be good for entry-level gaming gear I think.

Will post impressions once I get it. Will be used for FPS/TPS games and office work.

Btw nice thread and guide on the OP, kudos!

19. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Rival 100 is fine at 500 dpi, above that the sensor performance drops substantially.

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Thanks for the tip!

Btw what settings should I use in Windows Control Panel as base? Or does the SteelSeries Engine completely override them anyway?

Sorry if asking the obvious.