NBA 2K15 performance problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by squalles, Oct 10, 2014.

1. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    anybody running this without problems? here with 344.11 is very bad... in 1920x1080 all maxed without AA... vram usage is always 2gb fixed... many lags in rebounds and crowd moments... gpu usage always higher than 70% and cpu more yet per core... looks vram is the problem... thats normal?

2. JJayzX

JJayzX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio 4090 W/C
    The vram usages seems odd. You try reinstalling the game?

3. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    no... i donĀ“t think installation is the problem... maybe driver not optimized yet... you have this game? your vram usage is around 2gb too?

4. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    The game is based on the current gen versions of the game instead of the last gens, so on a 2GB card with settings maxed I wouldn't think being pegged at 2GB constant would be odd, but even then you shouldn't be getting any VRAM hitching without AA I wouldn't think. Try verifying your game cache in Steam.

Also can you post a video of the hitching or a pic of your OSD while these hitches occur?

5. frankgom

frankgom Guest

GPU:
    2 x NVIIDA GTX 780ti SLI
    it works really smooth here even without an sli profile, with only one 780gtx ti at 4k with ingame 4x antialiasing. and driver forced fxaa.
    IMHO the best looking sports game ever.

6. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    and vram usage? here is all the time fixed in 2gb... boost clock in max and gpu usage in 99% too...

7. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070

Are you experiencing sound distortion when the frame rate drops? A lot of Nvidia owners ( including myself) are having this problem.

8. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    yes... exactly this

9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  10. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

vram usage for me 1080 all max 2600mb

[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014

11. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    so... my problem is because vram fault... need 3gb for run these in max settings...

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    its amazing how when next gen console have been release PC game start maxing out said gpu more often inst it?.

And really this game is 50gb? if this start being the norm for game installs HDD are gona start get filled up fast.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, it's 50 GB on PS4 and Xbox One as well.

I should get my (PS4) copy tomorrow as I just prefer to play sports games on console. The space is used by audio and FMV as the presentation in this game is absolutely phenomenal if last year's game is anything to go by. Unfortunately, we are going to see more and more games using 30-50 GB that require more than 2 GB of VRAM to run maxed out on PC, thanks to the increased specs of the current gen consoles.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    50GB install the norm in coming days, everyone gona need bigger HDD soon. Un compressed audio ftw and imo we should not need FMV unless absolutely needed, it should all be done with the in-game engine these days.

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I second this, Ryse on PC still uses the 900p FMV's from the XBO, they didn't even bother to render them again in 1080p. Makes them look worse than the actual game.

Also, games have been massive on PC for ages.

WoW has been around 30GB for years now, same with Age Of Conan.

Also to me 2GB VRAM is the absolute lowest VRAM you should aim for on a GPU. Even back two years ago, 2GB VRAM is the bare minimum you should have. If you want to max out games and add on some AA or some texture mods then 2GB to me has been on the limits for a while now. 3GB VRAM is a must, and 4GB+ is desirable.

16. whitespider

whitespider Guest

GPU:
    900p at a high bitrate is still a lot better than 2 years ago.

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    True. Horribly compressed 720p videos were the norm at the height of the 360 and PS3's popularity...anyone remember the awful ones in the last Mortal Kombat game (they were actually better on PS3, ironically, mainly because it has used Blu-ray discs for storage since 2006).

18. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Video/sound stutter is not just affecting those who only have 2gb of vram. Those who have 3gb+ cards are also having massive performance issues with this game.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Runs and looks great on the PS4! :D

However, the game initially does a small pre-install then boots up to a pre-set game with only music playing (though it was Depeche Mode's fantastic "Personal Jesus", a track I absolutely love) and no sound effects, commentary, crowd noises or anything else while it then does the full 53 GB (!?!?!?) install as you play it. The only problem is that the game does not tell you this nor does it show the install progress so it looks like the game has broken audio and inaccessible modes (since if you quit before the game has installed, the only option available is the pre-set mode with only music!). How Visual Concepts could be so stupid, I will never know, but the forums are full of understandably confused people who think their game isn't working properly because it actually has not installed fully.

Obviously, the PC version would not have that problem so at least you can be pleased knowing that!

20. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    maybe need win10 only can fully optimize DX12? i can't even hit 3.5gb vram during playing nba2k15