Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread - Pt.1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Good design.

[​IMG]

A hack job.

[​IMG]

Not that I'm playing dragon age for its graphics...

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Your comparing one game engine that has been out for 7 years vs one that has been out for 8 months. Not really fair, IMO. This is one of the the first games Bioware is using Frostbite 3 on. I'm pretty sure once this engine matures, the games that use it will start looking even better. Besides, FF has always had their graphics on lock compared to other games. :nerd:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  3. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Maybe Morrigan just got one too many shots of botox
    #exposed

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    lol that was my first thought too :p

I hope the story is good, I cba with another ME3.

5. charrocrow

charrocrow Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760 OC 4GB
    the campaign is very long..no?¿

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Probably.

Or is this just spamming to be able to post links.

Ah yes, I see it is.

7. paulonone

paulonone Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI
  8. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I am quite excited about this title! I liked the previous Dragon Age games aswell, so hopefully this will be in the same lane, just with pretty frostbite pixelz :)

9. berkos

berkos Guest

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    From what i have seen from 2 new demo videos it seems bioware did not listen.
    They say environments are open, but they seem a lot narrow and maze like, reminds me a lot of fable.
    Combat looks exactly the same as DA2 without cheap spawning of enemies out of nowhere.
    In the demo you could see just brainless spamming of cooldown skills with autoattack in between. Also "tactical view" doesn't seem to add anything to the gameplay other that they can say hey we have old school tactical view.
    Also list based inventory system from Mass Effect 1 because controller support...just great.
    Bioware seems so clueless where to go with this franchise. Thank god for many kickstarter crpgs like divinity.

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

11. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    couple things... everything released so far that shows DA:3 gameplay has been on console versions of the alpha builds. And remember, console controllers don't have mousewheels, so basically what we have seen thus far does not have access to the traditional zooming and panning capabilities the DA games have always had. It's unfortunate, but EA likely didn't want anything but the console versions on display at E3. This is likely why it feels narrow and maze like. The PC version will not feel so linear.

As for the combat, you might be right, tho I am personally holding judgement on how good/bad it is because they said specifically that combat will closer resemble that of Origins, with balanced spell and weapon dynamics, but also because in that ugly 3rd person style, it's hard to make out exactly what's going on.

Also, when you say "...so they can say hey we have old school tactical view.", you do realize that sentiment is strictly for the console customer base, right? Both DA: O and 2 had "tactical view" (aka zooming out a little...), so there's no reason to state that "it's back". I never played the console versions, but I know the previous games were locked into that view and I assume people were upset about it.

I wouldn't say Bioware seems clueless where to go, as I believe Mike Laidlaw when he says "This is the game we wanted to make from the start, but we had to lay the groundwork with Origins first". That and the fact they were given 2+ years to work on it, and that they retained a bulk of the core staff from Origins. This franchise is one of the last few PC centric titles that, aside from some obvious corporate pressures in DA:2, give you the best product they are capable of and don't cut corners if they don't have to.

12. berkos

berkos Guest

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    In the first game they messed up marketing with marilyn mason trailer, now i think you can find only one video focusing on pc version, and you would think that for this type of game your primary goal would be to get pc audience, or at least target it in some way.
    As for my statement that they are clueless if they aren't they sure seem to be. In the first gameplay videos you could say they took influence from dark souls type of combat. Not to mention they rebooted atmosphere, character and world design in the span of the one sequel, which is big no no for this genre.
    i really hope this will be everything da2 wasn't but till this date they didn't show anything that would be interesting to fans of the first instalment. it really takes one game video where they can shut up people like me.
    Also open world design, with encounters that feels strategic and impactful...oh well maybe im just skeptical since few last bioware releases.

my point is, first game was attempt to dilute traditional crpg with easier ruleset and mechanics to bring this type of game to mainstream. in the sequel they could have improve it and add to the core game but instead they went backwards, and inquisition wise it doesn't even look like same franchise anymore.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  13. Xarabas

Xarabas Guest

GPU:
    GTX560Ti
    DAO awesome game, DAII very good game apart from the recycling of the maps and a few other things. IMHO, obviously.

I trust and hope in Dragon Age: Inquisition !

14. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    I just hope that the exteriors environnement will be more open than DA2 ( where you was badly set on corridors ).

But well, it was good enough, and the most important stay the fight.

15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

16. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Takes it out of crowded October.

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
  18. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Would rather get a less buggy game launch.

19. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Oh well at least its still coming out this year. That can't be said for most of the other games that have been put back in recent months.

20. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Yea, the Witcher delay gutted me.

This is only about a month. Hopefully we get to see the PC interface before launch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.