Samsung 850 does not appear in boot

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by W@w@Y, Jul 29, 2015.

1. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    I have a problem with my Samsung 850 SSD. It is my primary drive where my OS is but in my Asus x99, I cant get it come out in the boot priority. I tried switching SATA ports to no avail. Funny even my old Crucial M4 shows up (and thereafter fails to boot because no OS)

In order for me to boot up, I need to do F8 and manually select the Samsung 850 to boot..EVERYTIME

Screen below for reference only. the samsung never shows under boot priority options. In fact, it only shows 1 drive at a time..all my drives but never the Samsung

[​IMG]

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I had that problem, turns out I was not using the Intel sata port on my mb. It wouldn't be on the list of drives but would show turn up in the lower right of that bios pic. It would boot no problem though. I would check the benches of that ssd. The sata port I was using was 6g but was for mechanical drives only.

3. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Instead of the summary/easy screen, have you looked at the list of hard/disk drives in advanced mode? You might have to move the Samsung to the first boot position for it to show and boot.

4. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    I tried switching to and fro to no avail

I solved it by removing all the other drives leaving the Samsung SSD as the only boot option and it booted up fine without going thru UEFI

Next I reinstalled the other drives and now it has set the Samsung SSD as the primary boot and I dont go to UEFI now =)

5. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    My experience with 8.1 is that if the installation drive is not booted in UEFI mode, UEFI as a boot option dos not appear for the boot drive after installation.

EDIT: Ok, did not read your response correctly at first.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015