Will nvidia should give us "magic driver" aka amd crimson ect?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Dec 8, 2016.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No wai!? I also don't "mock AMD".

I have a Radeon as well as what's in the info, I know what I'm talking about. Crimson's CPL is the most counter-intuitive and puzzling piece of computer UI/UX I've seen in years. The design yes, it's good (although it feels that they've stuck between flat and old a bit but that's not a problem). The UX is just awful.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  2. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970
    This used to happens to me months ago, recently the NVCP has become really responsive, I don't experience any freezes when changing settings anymore.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    what your secret? it can always been like this even on ssd

4. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970
    I'm not using a SSD, in fact my main windows installation is only at 17.0GB free, it was definitely the updates, if you look in the NVCP - Help - About NVIDIA Control Panel from time to time you see the Version changing.

5. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    it's gotten more responsive, but it's still nothing compared to nvinspector. there is no delay in anything in inspector.

in the nv cpanel, when you press apply, there's a noticeable delay before you can click anything else. 1-2 seconds but it's there.

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Interesting finds, so the newest drivers aren't the most drawcall efficient they've been in DX11. For Maxwell at least.
    Though being optimized for DX12 not a surprise.

7. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Exactly, and not only relaxed, also very greedy.... lately.

I love 1080, but for such a price, back in the day you could by at least one and a half top tier gpu's.

AMD recently is trying its best to catch up, i really hope their next GPU's will be closing the gap with Nvidia on top-end market.

That will benefit everyone, Nvidia will have to decrease prices, and finally put extra effort to sit on the throne by making optimisations to drivers as many mentioned above.

:nerd:

8. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    Crimson is magic and magic is heresy!

9. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    To each his own I guess.

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    They need to overhaul the UI completely. It's dated as **** and trying to find the right profile is a massive pain (how about filter option based on user input...).

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well, technically there's a delay when you launch Inspector and it reads the settings from registry. This delay is comparable to the one on the start of NVCP I'd say. But even this can be avoided and done differently as there's not a lot of reasons to read all settings right during the start.

Certainly.

12. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    True, I just checked , but I do want chrome to implement this thing

What about other cards ? 970 and kepler ?

13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It'd there and already working properly in Chrome. 970 doesn't have hardware to support VP9 decoding.

14. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    AMD's VP9 decoding is hybrid support. I too wish Nvidia would provide hybrid VP9 decoding for Kepler if it's beneficial.

15. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    My personal opinion, nvidia get an new support face , dump the current representatives and etc. . If someone is asking a straight question/s that should followed by a straight answer/s. Forget this hide and hide game forever.

16. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    Good God NO. I don't want that bloatware GFE crap cluttering up my system. Keep them separate so I can delete that crap on every driver install. Optimize the CP, but its a control panel. You don't need the extra bloat of crappy visuals. It just needs to work.

17. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

I like the list functions of the CP. Once you add more GUI stuff it gets borked here and there. I remember installing crimson on my 480 and crimson had a few hiccups for a little while. I do like the ability to OC in CP with crimson and set it for a game individually. I kind of miss that as alot of games becomes particular with OCs and settings and their true functionality.

18. kurtextrem

kurtextrem Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Could the "Silk smoothness" setting be our magical thing? Nvidia hasn't talked about it yet (afaik only quickly in the fast sync presentation) - but we can see it in nv inspector

19. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016