Sunset Overdrive

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Serotonin, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I hope I have finally picked up a game to help me put down the ps4 controller, blow the dust off my xbox one and start enjoying it.

Picked my copy up at lunch. Looks like it's getting favorable reviews on the web.

Anyone else grabbing this?

Looks like good old mindless fun and I'm excited for the sense of humor I've read the game has. Too many "serious, kill the army of non-American" games out there for my tastes lately. This seems refreshing. I'll give a review later. :banana:

2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Put 2 hours into it.

Gameplay - It's decent. A lot of grinding, ala Jet Radio from the Dreamcast days. Some of it is a pain in the ass, you can't fall to the ground for very long at all or you're in trouble. It's not boring, it's not groundbreaking. I find the reviews now to be inflated. It's mediocre. Something to pass the time, but nothing I'm craving to go back to after I type this.

Graphics - Pretty much a let down. Very bright, the art direction is nice. I won't take away from it. But there's not really much here that screams "next-gen" aside from the amounts of enemies on screen at one time. Graphically to be honest, and with all the characters involved to make up for the lack of the world, it reminds me very much of the dead rising series. The models themselves are nice, but the world, while full of color, has low res textures and over done lighting. Honestly, to me, it looks like a ps3 game. I'm really starting to think the xbox one doesn't have much muscle behind it. Maybe killzone and infamous on ps4 have just spoiled me up to this point.

Overall, it's not a must play game. I can see myself running through it once and then selling it.

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Going to grab it later on too busy with bayonetta 2 and hyrule warriors as of now. And fm5 and dr3.

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I'll be selling this game shortly. Should of rented it from gamefly first.

5. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    Exactly how I wass feeling after watching gameplay videos, kinda reminded me old Tony Hawk games (American Wasteland). Well, I'm gonna wait for price drop.
    Still better than PS4 exclusives though.

6. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Price drop for me... Looks fun, yet not $60 bucks worth of fun.