Any MSI 780 Ti Gaming useres here?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by PhazeDelta1, Oct 17, 2014.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Its either 1.162v stock or 1.2v adjusting the slider to any value above o offset in msiab. I have 2 reference ti sc models. Mine do not go to 1.21v I modded my pt to 120% in the bios. My cards do not like the skyn3t bios.

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Well even on the stock bios, it wont go past 1.175. Even when I adjust the voltage slider. I figured there would be some form of voltage adjustment on this card, being that it is an MSI card. It's no biggie though. I've already modded the stock bios to adjust the power target and have edited the .cfg file for voltage control.

3. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    I had purchased an MSI 7970 TwinFrozr III mid-2013. I found a sticker on the screw that says "warranty voided if removed". Nevertheless, I contacted MSI and they informed me that this screw is to know whether the cooler was removed or not but that I wouldn't be voiding my warranty if I removed the cooler and installed a waterblock as long as that waterblock did not do any phyiscal damage to the card.

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    There are other ways which you can try for yourself. 780tis are a hit or a miss with voltage control. Some aren't stable with extra voltages. Cant hurt to try for yourself

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I have voltage control via the .cfg edit and i've already modded the bios to have a higher power target.

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Well I decided to put everything back to stock and see how far I could push this card. I was able to get 1215MHz on the core. I tried for 1228MHz but I couldn't make it past the dragon statue in Heaven before the app crashed. I let Heaven loop for about 45 mins last night and it didn't crash at all once I backed it down to 1215MHz. Now I'm going to work on the memory overclock.

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I just got a response from MSI about the warranty void sticker on the screw. The reply said as long as I do not cause physical damage while removing the cooler or putting it back on, they will not void the warranty. So why even put the sticker on in the first place? Silly MSI. :nerd:

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Well that's good to know. I guess its a scare tactic for novice users? lol