Need help setting up

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Grifty, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Grifty

Grifty Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD 6870 1GB
    Now its been a while since ive run folding@home on my pc, well the last time i ran it was on my E2140 which now collects dust. So since ive got my new pc i want to run folding@home for my CPU and GPU. So i need help setting it up to use all 4 cores and my 8800GT. i also heard something about notfreds vm client giving my some more points, is this true? Thanks

2. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    How can we help?

From what I've been reading, VM's no longer help much. I think they used to on a different version of the clients.

3. Grifty

Grifty Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD 6870 1GB
    well i pretty much need help in getting folding@home to use all 4 cores, and i could get some help in setting up the GPU client aswell that would be greatly appreciated.

4. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    The Gpu client is a straight install. It's just like any program out there with an install sheild style setup. Once installed, click on the exe and your folding.

The SMP client for the Cpu is awesome at making me look dumb. If you've read the guides and followed the instructions, you'll then need to:
    1. Create a shortcut to the .exe
    2. right click the shortcut and add the flag -smp to the target. I renamed my .exe as it says to in the guides and this is a pic of it:

http://tinypic.com/r/nyfu4o/3

pic sucks it says C:\fah\fah6.exe -smp
    I changed the install folder to fah, changed the executable name to fah6.exe
    then added -smp flag after

3. save the link and then click it

(f@h guide)
    http://folding.stanford.edu/English/WinSMPGuideMPICH

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009

5. happy

happy Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 9400GT
    notfreds will give you the most ppd for your cpu as your cpu has vt

ygpm ;)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009