Titanfall: jerky framerate with 335.23 driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by adrock311, Mar 11, 2014.

1. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    anyone manage to get this game running perfectly butter smooth, please share tweaks?

I get minor jerkiness and tiny hitching, i tried to reduce prerendered frames to 1 in nvidia control panel, and that seemed to help a lot but still not perfect.

it doesnt seem like normal frame rate drops/slowdown , it feels more like frame skipping or maybe choppy mouse movement?

my rig is in my info to the left, windows 8.1, running at 1920X1200, everything maxed. tried the various in game AA settings, didnt really help it.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  2. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    What resolution are you playing at? I can't tell my own performance yet as it's not out here in the UK yet :(

3. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    No jerky framerate here but I get some slowdowns.

Playing at 1440p maxed out 4xMSAA.

No SLI profile, we need one as it would help the framerate I'm almost sure of it. :)

It is a fun game, so Nvidia please put a profile out in a beta driver! And soon! :)

4. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    1920X1200, sorry

5. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    Hey mate the only tweaks I can remember when I tried the Beta was to use the Ghosts or Bioshock Infinite profile. The other was when the map actually started to ALT-TAB to desktop then click back into the game, it did smooth out stuttering, for me anyway but like I said that was for the Beta.

6. Ph00p

Ph00p Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GT 650M 4gb
    I'm new to this Nvidia Inspector, but when I followed the instructions it told me that the EXE was already being used by another profile now, because now there is a proper Titanfall profile, but it still isn't using SLI correctly?

Is it worthwhile to delete the current Nvidia provided Titanfall.exe profile and do this SLI trick, does it actually make SLI work for the game?

7. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    If you want you could use the GeForce SLI profile tool to export you're current profiles to desktop so it's saved. Go into NV Inspector, delete the Titanfall profile and use the Ghosts or Infinite profile by adding the TitanFall.exe. If it's worse or no good then just use the GeForce SLI profile tool again to import the ones you previously saved. Sorry but since I don't own the game yet I can only go off the Beta but it did show SLI recommended in NVCP from what I remember.

8. Ph00p

Ph00p Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GT 650M 4gb
    Thanks for breaking that down for me, I'll see how things go, I give you one internets point!

Edit: After trying both Bioshock Infinite and Ghost sli profiles I got the same results, faster frame rate but SLI artifacting allover the screen with illegible words and gibberish everywhere. I hope Nvidia makes a proper profile there is a definite gain from having SLI on.

9. ergalle

ergalle Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 690
    Same here, jerky framerate with Bioshock and CoD Ghost profiles.

We need a proper SLI profile.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Those slowdowns are vram limitations. Lower AA and it will go away.

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    No Vram is fine. I try the CoD Ghosts SLI profile I get way better frames, I turn AA off I still get slowdowns.

But as others mentioned unlike the beta, CoD Ghosts SLI profile gives stuttering....that pause-go feeling.

We just need a proper SLI profile for us SLI users.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ok fair enough. :)

13. Shady757

Shady757 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970/GSYNC
    (As posted in the 335 thread) I get huge stutters, and sometimes crashes, however the beta was perfectly fine.

14. Ph00p

Ph00p Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GT 650M 4gb
    I wasn't JUST getting stuttering though I was getting HUGE triangular artifacts and garbled text from using the Ghost and from using the Bioshock infinite profile, is there something wrong with my system or are you supposed to change a setting or two from default when you use those profiles?

15. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I get the rainbow effect like its trying to go into 3D when I hit TAB for the Scoreboard off and on. But I get no actual corruption otherwise.

16. Ph00p

Ph00p Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GT 650M 4gb
    I get that with SLI off, bizarre.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    In beta I fixed my jerkiness with driver forced vsync and MSI afterburner OSD 60fps limit, also in nvcpl profile 1 frame render ahead and prefer max. perf..

18. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  19. ergalle

ergalle Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 690
  20. Ph00p

Ph00p Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GT 650M 4gb
    Wow! That worked incredibly well! You have won the internets for the day!

The game runs super smooth with judder in only one or two odd places on a map, just went through half the campaign, what a great thing Ghost Orange has done! Thank you for pointing it out!