MSI Afterburner 2.3.1 (2013-01-23)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Jan 23, 2013.

1. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    Hi guys, the Afterburner 2.3.1 official version is ready for you to download. this version supports the control of South Island and Kepler card, if you get the card, you may try to play it.

Changes list includes:
    • Now MSI Afterburner optionally allows you to detect VRM defaults without rebooting the PC
    • Added voltage control support for UEFI GOP BIOS for MSI R7970 Lightning Boost Edition series graphics cards
    • Now MSI Afterburner displays the list of assigned global hotkeys in “i” window
    • Now MSI Afterburner properties window is resizable to provide compatibility with low-resolution desktops (less than 1280x1024 with 100% DPI)
    • Added new “Enable hardware control and monitoring” option to compatibility properties. This option can be useful if you are using MSI Afterburner for framerate monitoring and videocapture only and don't want to risk suddenly overclocking your PC
    • Added NCT7511Y thermal sensors support to provide compatibility with future MSI graphics cards
    • Added workaround for possible VID rounding issues for all supported voltage generator models
    • Updated Italian localization
    • MSI On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 4.5.0. New version gives you the following improvements:
    o Improved audio mixer architecture provides better extendibility and better audio tracks synchronization when mixing multiple audio tracks in one
    o Push-To-Talk audio recording support. Now you can assign a hotkey for each audio stream and record unmuted audio only when the hotkey is pressed
    o Updated German localization

Download link:
    http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/afterburner_download_msi.html

2. azxb2b

azxb2b Guest

GPU:
    gtx 680
    excellent

do you know why the download from the msi site is so slow? always get 30-50kb/s

3. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Thanks for new version!

4. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    It seems the Guru3D links don't work, they keep redirecting to MSI download (which is super slow). (At least the EU does when it finally goes thru. Didn't have enough patience to confirm for US link.)

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Yeah MSI links are pretty bad in terms of speed.
    The Guru3D Gigabit mirrors have been updated, you can use them now for fast downloads.

6. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Thanks for the update!

Edit - oops, new RTSS crashing at startup. Rolled back to v4.4.0 and all is well again.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

No issues here, 4.5.0 was in testing for long period of time in both MSI and EVGA applications. No ideas what is wrong in oyur system, probably you installed new version ignoring rtsshooks.dll overwrite warning and didn't reboot the system after that. Try to perform clean install.

8. Janpoll

Janpoll Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7750 1GB
    Thanks for the update!

A quick question and sorry if has been talked already, is possible to set a hotkey of the mouse on the "Push-To-Talk" for record? I can't. Thanks!

9. Unwinder

No, it is not. And there are no plans to add mouse buttons support to hotkey handler, sorry.

10. Conrad.TDI

Conrad.TDI Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460 OC 1gig
    Thank you

New updates to this great piece of software are always appreciated.

Thanks!

11. Janpoll

Janpoll Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7750 1GB
    Understood, thanks for answer and for the work!

12. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    As always, everything being on Chinese servers is pretty slow to us, Europeans. Your country needs special connection routes with China in order to get faster speeds. Who knows how many paths the software travels until it reach your PC.

For instance, ASUS or Realtek, if I don't carefully chose the server, I usually get 19kb/s. Even if I chose "US", it's clearly not US. Perhaps these are still on China, but somehow "optimised" for true US residents. Either something else is going on. Usually I can get extremely good speeds on native US servers -obviously 'cause Europe has good connections with USA.

13. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Thanks for reply. Already tried clean install and RTSS v4.5.0 still crashed. Rolled back to v4.4.0. Let me guess noone is testing this application under Windows XP.

14. Unwinder

Not true. Good part of time I'm developing it on XP, as it is still installed on my office PC. When coding from home, it is developed on Win 8. Some issue isolated on your system, sorry.

15. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    You're right rebooting and clean installing again did finally solve that problem thanks. The installer didn't warn me about any files in use or need for reboot.

30 minutes later however I do still have the minor issue below.

16. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Been getting this error at logoff for several versions now. Maybe the problems on my system are due to Microsoft QFE branch updates or FixIt buttons, I don't know.

Funny all of my errors are somehow related to RTSS.exe, WTF lol

17. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You download manually from here:

We have fast US and EU Gigabit mirrors.
    http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/afterburner_download_msi.html

18. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    Thanks a lot, so good ... new localization is ready ..

19. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Yes very fast thank you :)

20. Igb

Igb Guest

GPU:
    PNY 680 SLI
    I can't find with this new version the "Power limit" option (with a pair of reference design gtx 680), neither where it was or hidden between the settings dialog. Was it removed for any reason or am I missing something?

Cannot find any information on the changelog or in the forum either :(