MSI Afterburner does not load at startup...

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by a15995, Feb 10, 2012.

?

Do you have this problem?

Poll closed Feb 24, 2012.
  1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a15995

a15995 Guest

Hi!

This problem has not been solved and it may be a problem at my end but still very annoying:

• Afterburner does not start with Windows even though it is checked in Settings to do so
    • GPU temperature is not shown in the taskbar when Afterburner starts - I have to recheck in Settings to make it appear
    • RTSS.exe (On-Screen Display Server 4.3.2) hangs on startup and no icon is in the taskbar. I need to close RTSS.exe and it magically reappears in the taskbar

This is very annoying and appears on all versions I have tried. I have tried to run both .exe as Administrator with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Søren

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2012
  2. Conrad.TDI

Conrad.TDI Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460 OC 1gig
    I've tried several uninstall/re-installations, and cleansed the system completely of old traces, and with the latest beta the temp display just will not stick. I'm not worried, this is the nature of beta software, and I expect this will disappear in the next beta or two.

The software still auto-starts, and still sets my altered card voltages without problem.

Honestly, this is a minor error.

3. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    @a15995

No problem for me, you're sure to be administrator of your PC and have all the necessary permits ? or you have a mess on your OS... :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  4. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I just reformatted my pc and it doesn't want to run at startup. I also noticed when its installed my pc loads things on boot much slower. This was not an issue before but now it is. About to install beta 12 and hope for the best.

5. a15995

a15995 Guest

As I wrote this issue has not been solved across several versions. I'm currently using the 2.2.0 beta 12 version and have no similar problems on my pc. I'm keeping my system in a pretty neat state as to strange background programs etc. so this must be an issue with the program and certain computer setups.

I think it's pretty annoying and has nothing to do with the beta...

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Pribably the issue has not been solved because it is not located inside the application? I think it is pretty annoying to read claims from users unable to configure theur systems properly, sorry. There is no any fix on the way.

7. a15995

a15995 Guest

What a load of **** to write. If you programmed this utility properly you would never put the load on startup in task scheduler but put it in the registry to launch on startup as it should.

Funny that everything else is working properly and that if you google this problem you'll get plenty of other users having the same issue.

So please don't mess with my task scheduler and put it in the registry instead...

8. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

And now listern to me, boy. If you had at least a bit of technical knowledge before dropping such claims without having any programming experience, you would know that startup via task scheduler is the only way to get an administrative application started with UAC enabled and without triggering UAC confirmation at OS startup. And any administrative tool launching at OS startup under Vista and newer use task scheduler for that otherwise you need to accept UAC warning at each launch, whenever you like it or not.
    So please, don't think that you're smarter than OS writers, don't keep your system in "neat state" via optimizing "unnecessary" task scheduler services.
    And if you need startup via registry that badly, it is also available in the tool and can be easily enabled via configuration file. So proper RTFMin instead of impolite and lame "If you programmed this utility properly" could address your "issues".
    Talke it as the first and the last warning, one more posting in "If you programmed this utility properly" style and you'll leave this forum forever. It is not a place for aggressive newbies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.