Asus Supreme FX Hi Fi Kit?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ESlik, Sep 18, 2016.

1. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I just ordered the Rampage V 10, and it comes with this sound card. I've read a couple product reviews that were obviously biased. The article I read claims the Supreme kit is the same as the Strix DLX. Anyone with a true comparison? How good, or bad is this kit? Robsix? Genclaymore? Anyone here own one of these things? Thanks guys..

2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Based on all of the info and pictures of it that is on asus site, Its look like it designed like an external dac amp, but incased in the front panel of the case. It has removable op-amp's, It uses the TI6120A2, which my soar uses which does an pretty good job, but the one in that casing might do an better job depends on how it used and designed.

The dac chip it uses looks like it's the mobile version of the one that the DLX uses. Since I don't have it in front of me and I only see half the board. It's hard to say, it might be on the level of the DLX. For one thing since it supports 32bit/384khz, I betting it would also support DSD/DXD audio format. I know the soar supports DSD/DXD up to DSD128 as I tried.

I actually mentioned this last year to an friend that the only other thing they could do is move to front panel design, instead of placing it on the motherboard, so they have more room for components and have an better audio layout and design. Asus must had heard me. Now other motherboard maker's need to follow the idea and get their audio off the motherboard and into an front bay based dac amp design like asus.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  3. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Thanks for responding Gen. I see that the Rampage also has the standard on board audio too. I wonder why this mobo comes with 2 audio sources?

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Most likely so one can still use speakers while they use headphones with the front panel box.

5. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Thanks again Gen. I'm looking at this "kit" as a bonus. When I decided to order the Rampage, I didn't know the kit was included. In your opinion, which card would be best with good stereo headphones and gaming? The Strix DLX, this Rampage kit, or the Phoebus I use right now.

6. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I would see how the rampage kit sounds first, because you may end up liking it. If you don't like it at all. Then I would say the DLX, but since the kit has op-amp socket, you have the option of rolling the op-amp if you don't like the sound if all you use is headphones.

Now if you use 5.1 speakers, then I would get the DLX and use that for both your speakers and headphones. Since it look like the kit is just for headphone only and the motherboard might not even use the same components as the kit. I gonna assume the kit has usb on it that plugs into an usb header or something. Since I can't see the whole kit.

Unless the motherboard has an special plug for it.

7. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    You're right Gen. The "kit" does plug into a USB header somewhere. The board is supposed to be delivered today, so I'll have to play around etc. once I get everything together. Thank you for the input and comments.

8. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    How is the kit so far?

9. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    My Rampage hasn't been delivered yet. It was due yesterday, and still no sign of it so far today. Could be here by 5PM, if not, I guess maybe Monday. Board was shipped VIA UPS. I had no choice for delivery method. UPS was the only option. Not impressed.

10. chali

chali Guest

GPU:
    rampage 1070
    im in the same situation as you, what "card" did you choose to use
    and what "card" did you think gives the best sound?

//Regards