Any Windows 10 Creators Update users out there?

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Sayjimwoo, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Guest

GPU:
    Titan X SC
    I think there may be a serious bug with it and if anyone else can confirm it, that would be great.
    My monitor has multiple refresh rates 60,100,120,144hz. Sometimes I use a custom refresh rate of 80hz for certain games that I set in Nvidia Control Panel. However, none of my games acknowledge any custom refresh rates (the desktop is fine), only the preset ones of 60,100,120,144hz are recognised. I have tried several Nvidia drivers with the same result. This only happened after I cleanly installed the Creators Update. If anyone else could please confirm this, it would be much appreciated.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    clean installed or upgrade?

3. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Guest

GPU:
    Titan X SC
    Clean install. I could go back to the old version to confirm but that would take time. Hence wanting to see if others could try.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    have you tried 381.65 ? they the only drivers released so far that ready for creator update or well have 2.2WDDM thought that should not nothing to do with it

5. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Guest

GPU:
    Titan X SC
    Yep, tried the last 3 drivers. I just need someone else to confirm it, to narrow down the culprit. Not sure if it is Nvidia or Microsoft at fault.

6. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Guest

GPU:
    Titan X SC
    Well, after several hours I finally fixed the bug. It was caused by the Creators update GAME MODE.
    Turn all this crap off and it reverts back to normal.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  7. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Remove the custom resolutions from the nvidia panel, and use CRU instead. (Add your custom resolutions in the "detailed resolutions" list, if there's no space left there, add them in the extension block.)

Make sure "Standard LCD" is selected in the drop-down menu. Just enter width, height and refresh, the other timings will be adjusted automatically.

Reboot after you add them.

Hope this helps. If not, well, at least you tried :) Run "reset-all.exe" and reboot to revert everything back to defaults if it didn't work.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017