Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Want to talk about anything Hardware related? This is the place, you can discuss it here.

Weird Wireles Mouse issues since installing Win 10 LTSB 2016
Old
  (#1)
BarryB
Maha Guru

Videocard: Palit SJS 780 in SLI
Processor: i7 4770K + Kraken X60
Mainboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH-Z87 2103
Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
Soundcard: Onboard Realtek ALC1150
PSU: Corsair AX1200 1200w
Default Weird Wireles Mouse issues since installing Win 10 LTSB 2016 - 02-17-2017, 13:24 | posts: 1,066

Since installing Windows 10 LTSB 2016 (which includes the anniversary update) my wireless mouse has never worked 100%!

The mouse is a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 with the receiver about 2 feet away in a straight line, it's also raised about 5 inches high so it has a clear line of sight to the mouse.

The issues are:

1. Mouse clicks not being recognised, this is quite often and moving the receiver closer has no effect, new batteries don't cure this.

2. Mouse suddenly becomes jerky/unresponsive until the receiver is moved about 6 inches from the mouse, even new batteries don't cure this when the receiver is moved back to its original position!

Have read a few KB articles on microsoft about wireless mouse issues but none have worked, things like moving the receiver to a different USB port, locating it in a different place, changing batteries, installing the IntelliPoint software. I've even gone to the extreme of soldering in new left/right mouse buttons but even this has not cured the problem with clicks not being recognised. I've even unplugged all electrical items near the PC so only the PC/monitor is powered and get exactly the same issues.

So really at a loss as the mouse worked fine in Win 10 LTSB 2015.