RivaTuner start-up error with 77.72 drivers

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Inglo, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Inglo

Inglo Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6800 NU
    RivaTuner generates a Windows error when loading just after I installed this latest driver release. I reinstalled RivaTuner and /build and it still happens.
    I might have done something else to cause it but I wanted to see if this was more than just me.

Thanks.

2. ew2x4

ew2x4 Active Member

GPU:
    PNY 6800 nu
    does this error say something like, warning! this hasn't been tested blah blah blah?

3. Inglo

Inglo Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6800 NU
    Not what I mean.
    Simple question, I can't get RivaTuner to run at all with the 77.72 drivers, is anyone else having this problem?

4. ew2x4

ew2x4 Active Member

GPU:
    PNY 6800 nu
    I'm running 77.72 on x64 w/ Rivatuner just fine.

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I'm afraid that something is wrong with your system, I've 77.72 installed on two RivaTuner's test PC with no problems.

6. Xiander

Xiander Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6600GT 256MB @ stock (525/950)
    Maybe because you have an Ati card? lol

An error shows up with everyone because the driver isn't in the database of Rivatuner. Normally you can just click ok and then Rivatuner starts up.

7. Inglo

Inglo Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6800 NU
    Changed from 9800 to current 6800.

OK thanks, I uninstalled RivaTuner completely and reinstalled it and it works fine.
    The NVStrap driver was still working with previous settings despite the program failing, which is all I usually use RivaTuner for. So I wanted to make sure I could still access the options if I completely uninstalled and reinstalled. I still had my pipes unlocked and thought I might lose them.
    All is well now.